A long, long time ago (but sadly not in a galaxy far, far away), I posted a trivia entry seeing if you could identify songs from their opening lines. There’s been a whole year of new songs (and old songs suddenly popular again) to dance, boogie, head-bang, and party to since then. So it’s time for another one—
Can you ID these songs (title and artist) by their opening lyrics?
- I hopped off the plane at LAX
With a dream and my cardigan
- Just a small town girl, livin’ in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin’ anywhere
- Guess this means you’re sorry
You’re standing at my door
Guess this means you take back
All you said before
- I make the most of all this stress
I try to live without regrets
But I’m about to break a sweat I’m freaking out
- She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene
I said don’t mind, but what do you mean I am the one
- Tonight’s the night
Let’s live it up
I got my money
Let’s spend it up
- You’re on the phone with your girlfriend, she’s upset
She’s going off about something that you said
She doesn’t get your humor like I do
- Do you know what’s worth fighting for?
When it’s not worth dying for?
Does it take your breath away
And you feel yourself suffocating?
- All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
- Don’t try to explain your mind
I know what’s happening here
One minute it’s love
Leave your guesses in the comments! I’ll be back next week with the answers.
—Carly H., STACKS Staffer