October 23, 2009

Get Goosebumps Webcast

Posted by at 11:46 am in Authors, Goosebumps | Permalink

Goosebumps_webcast Well, everyone, I’ve got a lot to do to get ready for my Goosebumps HorrorLand webcast. I’ve got to press my black cape. . . sharpen my fangs. . . practice my terrifying wolf howl. . . and drink lots of warm blood to keep my strength up. . .

Is it possible for the full moon to show itself at one o’clock in the afternoon (10 a.m. Pacific time)? Don’t worry. It will be as scary as midnight once we start sharing ghost stories and telling our scariest Halloween tales.

We’ll talk about my scary books and I’ll tell a scary story. I hear that maybe a few of my scary friends might drop by. Slappy the evil dummy wouldn’t dare come alive and interrupt our fun—would he?

We’ll see. I’ll be waiting for you.

What: Get Goosebumps Webcast Event
When: October 28, 1-1:30pm (ET) / 10-10:30am (PT)
Where: scholastic.com/goosebumpswebcast

Readers, beware—see you there, or at the video recap afterwards!

— R. L. Stine, Goosebumps Author

1. NATALIE

TODAY AT ELEMENTRY SCHOOL I DID A READ180 TEST IT IS A PORGRAM THAT HEPS YOU TO KONOW WHAT GRUOPSYOU ARE IN AND MY SCORE WAS GREAT FOR ME

2. caramel

i know that broad casting it sounds good and all but it shouldnt if you want to watch it dont go to lunch or at school thats how i feel soorry

3. Megan

Our entire 5th and 6th grade classes watched the webcast. The ALL loved it!!!It was so great for them to see, hear, and learn from the author of the books we have been studying. Thanks so much for doing this!!!

4. Sandy

When are you going to answer the questions on the other blogs? I am a teacher also and would like my class to see this, but it is their lunchtime.
    Also, when I tried the webcast trial, I get the picture, but no sound. Will there be sound tomorrow?

5. live laugh love

ahhhhhhhhh!
    RL Stine you rock i have been collecting your books ever since now!
    My shelf has been full of your books, my friends and i would like to have a book club about you and goosebump books! plz send me a post plz oh plz!

6. Nirvanaa

hey RL Stine! I write scary stories too. I post them on the Goosebumps Message board. Check them out. Search for “Theyll burn you tonight”!

7. Science Center

GOOSEBUMPS SEND CHILLS down ur spine ouououououououououououououououououououououuoojuououoouououououooououououououououououououououououououuouo!scarrdy

8. Karla

Hi!
    This sounds so exciting!! As a 5th grade teacher, I know my kids would enjoy this. However,it will be central time(12:00)for us, and the kids will be at lunch! Is there any possibility the webcast will be rebroadcast at another time? OR is there any way to save it so we can watch it at another time?
    THANK YOU for such a wonderful opportunity!!!