August 22, 2009

Action! at the Percy Jackson Movie Set

Kidreporter_pjato Seriously, the kids at the Scholastic Kids Press Corps are, like, the luckiest people ever! First Danielle A. met Daniel Radcliffe and other stars on the red carpet event for the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie premiere.
Now I hear that Grace C. spent a day visiting the set of the Percy Jackson movie! The movie is being filmed in Vancouver, Canada, and will be in theaters February 12, 2010.

How amazingly cool! The movie, based on the book The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan,
is about a boy named Percy who discovers that he is a demi-god — his mother is human, but his father whom he never met, is the god Poseidon. Pretty intense, and then he discovers that his best friend, Grover, is also a mythical creature, a satyr —half human, half goat! (That’s him in the pic.) Things just keep getting stranger, and Percy and his friends end up on a wild cross-country adventure involving gods, goddesses and mythical monsters.

It’s a really great book, so if you haven’t read it yet, you definitely should! There are five books in the Percy Jackson series so there is plenty of reading to keep you busy until next February whenthe movie comes out!

— Sonja, STACKS Staffer

PHOTO: Grace and and Brandon T. Jackson, who plays Grover, on the set of The Lightning Thief in Vancouver, Canada, summer 2009. Photo Courtesy Grace Choi.

UPDATE January 29, 2010: Check it out! We’ve got Lightning Thief cast interviews!

1. w00t!

percy jackson is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. jonah

THE PERCY JACKSON SERIES ROCKS OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I READ THE WHOLE SERIES!!!!

3. taliak98

is there a percy jackson movie site theress already a book site but im lookin’ 4 a movie site HELP ME i want to check it all out

4. Kenadee

I’m reading the book now! I started reading it yesterday and read ALL night! I looovvveee it! Can’t wait for the movie :)

5. whinygrl

no fair, she met daniel radcliffe!!! but i can’t wait for the percy jackson movie to come out– i wonder if they’ll make the whole series into movies like harry potter. probably not, harry is cooler :)

6. QueenofBooks11

I cannot wait for the movie! Seeing as a director from the movies Harry Potter 1 and 2, Chris Columbus, is directing it, I’m sure it’ll be mind-blowing! YAY! I loved the books too! They were awesome!

7. Rita

Awwww! Sooo lucky!
    I hope the movie doesn’t turn into a total flop, or at least stays extremely close to the book. But it seems like they’re already ruining Annabeth. :(

8. judyblume98

I so totaly agree with you Hermonie. She is so lucky to see harry potter!! I would not be able to control my self after i saw him.

9. Kimberly

Omigosh! I never heard that The Lightning Thief was being made into a movie! I just started the series not too long ago off a suggestion from my cousin and LOVE it. Now it’s being made into a movie? Just wait until I tell her. Omigosh!

10. Mikayla

tht is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky to go the set and meet the actors and actresses