July 4, 2009

Create a Caption: Here Fishy Fishy Fishy . . .

Posted by at 9:17 am in Create a Caption, Writing Prompt | Permalink

CreateacaptionSo my friend, Dema, just got a new fish. He’s a happy little beta fish with orangey-red tints. His interests include: swimming around his tank, eating his food pellets for breakfast, and watching TV (he seems to look towards the light when she watches TV, and she works in the television industry . . . so he must like TV!). He also enjoys occasional treats of dried bloodworms once a week. Yum.

She misses him when she goes to work, which got me wondering . . .what do you suppose he does when she’s not at home? Leave a comment with what YOU think goes in the thought bubble.

Thirsty.Fish

Also, Dema hasn’t decided on a name for him yet. For now, she calls him “Fishy.”

Think you can help? Let us know what you think his name should be! Leave your ideas in the comments, and I’ll let you know what she names him!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. Laurel

So close yet so far way.
    OR
    Hmm. my telekenetic powers are not working through this glass…
    Name the fish… Midnight, I suppose.

2. Natalie

“Ooo! What is that? Oh Boy I want to swim in that but wait is that a drink of tea?”
    XD That fishy is funny XD!!!

3. camoshark896

I think it should be NITRO or NANNY.Also I bet it’s saying…”ahh this invisable glass thing i need that Liquid in that cup ahhh”!

4. Abbylish

I think he should be named Charlie because he reminds me of my pet fish that died at 15 months…

5. AKUJI

ARRRRRRGHHH !!! i cant stand it….. HEY MASTER!!!! PUT ME IN THAT COLORFUL DRINK !!!! YES YES COME HERE WAIT NO!!! NOOOOOOO DONT DRINK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. adelia

I reign supreme ruler of you blended fruit drink of the fleshy ones and I think his name should be fernando bubbles that’s our class fishes name

7. Morgan

I think he would be saying: “Oh cool, I’ve got new neighbors.”
    I think his name should be poseidon or torch.

8. Kelly

I think you should call your fish…
    Flirt if it’s a girl
    JT ( – Just Trouble) if it’s a boy.
    I think we know how boys can be sometimes.. T-R-O-U-B-L-E M-A-K-E-R-S!

9. kaykay112

the caption should be; ‘why is the stupid cup so far away?????’
    his name should be….. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,
    cooper or maybe tucker there cute but’s just my opinion

10. prettyt

i thing that fishy is a good name for him . lol he probably like aww man if only i could of reach that straw☺☺<33333333333 how he looks

11. Leah

hello
    you are supposed to
    put it in my bowl
    not on the outside
    is anyone listening and you forgot to feed me
    hello
    is anyone listening
    hello

12. Jade

I think you need to put this in the bubble[Im talking to a glass]but it was a good caption & do you want to be my friend?

13. Nicole

Caption: “The water’s red!!! No wonder Dema likes to drink that so much, it must be filled with bloodworms!!!”
    Name: Ready
    (no particular reason, just that beta sounds like better, and you’re better at something when you’re ready for it, right? And its red, and ready is like reddy)

14. Panther

“Oh my gosh! I can’t reach it!!!! So much for the ‘You can now reach through your fish bowl to get a drink’ glass”
    His name should be something like Fred or Joe

15. Praise

ugh.. need to get to straw..WHY.. do i need to get to a straw!!Lady ur not the 1 who lives on tiny little flakes.:p . sori just had to post this.

16. guitaria

I think his name should be Swimmy once was scared to me tswim in a pool last year we were on a feild trip in 5th grade i was scared to jump in then people kept on telling me to jump in ecause i was to scared to drown

17. Sunshine_girl_3231

I think he was thinking “Just a little bit closer and I can take a sip!”
    I think his name should be Demitri.

18. Katie

I think your fish is very interesting and unique. Whatch him for a few days and see how he acts. Name him something that describes him perfectly without being tacky or mocking him. I know you’ll find him the perfect name!!:)

19. DefenderOfHouseElves

I think you should name him Feathers – when I first saw the picture I wasn’t looking properly and I thought he was a red feather. LOL. But he is so cool, wish I had a fish like that…
    Anyway, I think he’s thinking, ‘Ooh, you’re taking a picture of me! How do I look from this angle?’

20. Kay

I wonder if anyone will miss that drink?Well back too getting that drink in my posession!
    Personally i think that you should call him streamers.

21. Beth

Ahhhhhhhhh! Now I can do what ever I want without Dema being around!!!!!!! I think u should name Dory that was my fish’s name.

22. ajnin_the_ninja

“Ahhh i’m tierd of the same boreing water I need something to energize myself I know i’ll take a drink of coke that will do it!” “If only i could reach!”

23. boxer4356

Caption: “Eh…eh…eh…! I can drink it! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Nam: Fishy is nice. Maybe his name could be George.
    -boxer4356 :D

24. 13sourl

I think the fish’s name should be …!Potato! He would say:Wait is-is that Pepsi?! My gosh I don’t LIKE Pepsi!!!

25. Katelyn

Is that a beta?
    Here is a list of good names:
    1.Finlly
    2. Soda
    3.Straw
    4.SodaStrawFish
    5.Sneeker or Stinker
    6. Anything but Sinker
    7.I like finlly (FIN-LEE)

26. dreamer14

Man i should have thought of the fact that I cant fit my mouth around the straw before i ordered a smoothie!

27. dollar

“Some magical, clear force keeps getting in my way from getting that yummy-looking strawberry smoothie! I just can’t quiet get there! Ow! I hit my little fishy nose!”

28. Tawni

“Can’t…. Reach….. The…. Smoothie, ah!!!!! I got it. Oh no!!! I am falling in!! Someone call the police! Please help!”

29. Number 14

That is such a good picture!
    Caption:”If only I could jump out of this FISHYbowl, and in to that delicious drink!”
    Name: I think that his name should be Fang. I am reading a really good series with the caractor named Fang in it! The series is the Maximum Ride series (young adult)!

30. tori

she should name him gerbil or hamster or meerkat… or, maybe chip for chipmunk… a name for a small animal… that no one would expect for a fish.

31. WolfFriend

“So…close…to…the straw…What IS this invisible barrier holding me back from my bloodworm soda?!”
    I love beta fish. I’ve had many fish called Fishy. I’ve had several fish which I’ve named after poisonous plants. Maybe…a red plant? Another word for red? A type of…car that’s commonly red? :P

32. McPaul

She should name it something that rhymes with Dema. Maybe Lima (like the capital of Peru, not like the bean).

33. LynnT

Caption: Just a little bit closer and that drink is MINE!
    Name: I think his name should be George because he looks like a George and I used to have a Beta Fish named George that looked like the fishy.:>)

34. Me

“Hello fellow alien. How do you do? Why aren’t you answering me?!?”
    I think his name should be Goldy

35. FinkleRocksRules

I think the bubble says I miss Dema. And I think the fish should be named Treasure. I had a beta fish named Treasure,it was blue. But it died a few days ago.

36. manga eyes

He’s thinking:”can’t reach………….stupid bowl’s too small ..”his name should be Mr.Famous(since his owner’s works in the t.v. industry she MUST know some one famous!!!!!!!!

37. lucca4

I’m not good at those caption-y things, but she could name her fish Ares, after the Greek god of war.

38. 55mac.cheese

What about Cutie? Since the fish is cute. Oh. Also. About what he thinks when Dema’s gone. He probably misses her a whole lot. He probably thinks something like… “When’s Dema coming home? I miss her a whole lot!”

39. Emily

I think he could be called Donut or Soda-pop,maby even flame, but I think some unusual names like Jarcan or Martien suit him better. I’m not really good at coming up with good names but I still have a large instinct and a precise opinion.

40. Livia

The humans are constantly trying to take over the domant race… the fish!!
    “I, Hector de Greatone, will show those humans once and for all!!! If only I could get a sip of that energy drink…”

41. readingkangaroo

Why do they call me “Fishy”??I can’t believe we live in a world where “Fishy” is the best name they can think of a poor little beta…..

42. mr. fishie

Wow, that is one awesome fish.
    I get the impression the fish has got a good bit of curiosity so I’d assume he’s wondering what a lot of things are, for example the straw to the cup ad the cup itself.
    Maybe she should name him Merit or Dilly. :)