July 15, 2009

Harry Potter Movie Premiere!

Can you imagine being the luckiest person in the world? Well, Scholastic  Kid Reporter, Danielle Azzolina can. The sixth Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, will open in theaters nationwide on July 15 (with a PG rating), but the New York City premiere was on July 9 and she was there to interview the actors on the red carpet!

Kid Reporter Danielle Azzolina interviews Emma Watsonat HP6 premiere_07 09 09

Can you imagine?! There were tons of reporters and fans screaming for their attention, but Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe, and other actors in the movie all stopped to talk to Danielle and answer her questions. To find out what they had to say about their roles in Half-Blood Prince, read her article. Apparently, Daniel was especially nice.

Danielle also got to speak with the Director David Yates, and ask him which scene had the most bloopers:

“There’s a scene right at the beginning of the movie where we get Daniel, Rupert, and Emma sitting in the Burrow talking about how old Dumbledore is,” he said. “I can’t tell you how many bloopers we got in that scene because they kept cracking up. I had to send them off the set for a while!”

I can’t wait to see the actual scene! I can’t wait to see the whole movie! In the meantime, I can watch this video sneak peek (over and over again):

— Sonja, STACKS Staffer

PHOTOS: Scholastic Kid Reporter Danielle Azzolina interviews Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, stars of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, at the movie premiere in New York City. (Photos Courtesy of Scholastic Kids Press Corps)

1. storyleo

It seems thats the fifth movie and sixith movies just came out i can’t wait till thepart 1 of the seventh one comes out

2. cageaidenbffls

yea n i will ask rob next time i c him if he thinks twilights cast or harry potters cast is kooler im pretty sure we all no which 1 he will say though…

3. aidencagebffls

in case u havnt notice robert pattinson acctuallly became popular in TWILIGHT (the better book) which proves that twilight is WAYYY better!!

4. HermioneGrangersuperfan

Harry Potter is The BEST EVER! It is way way way better than twilight! Yep I said it! It Is way better than twilight! Plus Robert Pattison is in Harry Potter! Please do Not insult Harry Potter!

5. lilii4gettherest

guys i 4get my user name but i remember that lol heyy leesh u r doin this in ur la class 2??? its sooo borin!!

6. kira1234aidencagekaylashanalilibffls

yuppers lol i also remember when we saw the actors that played the peeps n we were like who r they n then ur dad said o those r the peeps that play harry!!!

7. aliciaurbestie

hey aiden n cage!!! TWILIGHT IS AMAZING N HARRY POTTER STINKS!!! lol @ the movies that was 2 funny!! remember all the little troll peeps that were like all excitedwhen we went 2 the premier!! lol

8. aidenncagerbffls

i remember that cage lol!! harry potter stinks twilight is AWSOME!!! we gotta meet rob taylor n kristen!! good times lol!!

9. HermioneGrangersuperfan

people people! Harry Potter is the BEST EVER! IT is WAY WAY better than twilight! Harry Potter is Awsome!

10. cageaidenbffls

REALLY??? HARRY POTTER STINKS!! Twillght is AWSOME!! at least the characters in the movies 4 twilight r GOOD LOOKING HARRY POTTER is STUPID!! all my friends n i went 2 see it n we were DIEN !! we h8ed it!!

11. HermioneGrangersuperfan

I would be speechless if i got to intrview Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint. Harry Potter is the best! It is SO not stupid. It is WAY better than twlight!

12. cageaidenbffls

harry potter iz STUPID!! if u want 2 read a GOOD book read twilight!! i met taylor lautner at the premier 4 twilight!! i am koolio!!

13. miniv.hippo

I find that the 6th movie was an insult to the wonderful book it was based off of. Most of the good parts that were in the book were left out! Personally, I think that for the time put into making the movie, it could have been much better

14. 01mjfan

I can’t wait to see the new movie! My friends say its pretty good. My favorite is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, even though I’ve seen The Prisoner of Azkaban way more times.

15. WallieBitter

the preview for the movie made it look really dark and scary but when I saw the movie, it had alot of funny parts in it :)
    GO HARRY POTTER

16. Iris

This clip is driving me even MORE crazy! I’ve been completely psyched from the beginning, but now I’m practically bursting with excitement! The film looks incredibly well done and I can’t wait to see it in theaters!

17. sri

David Yates (director) did a superb job just magnificent to watch, may be Alfonso Cuarón would have made them ROCK. I am a great fan of Harry Potter series. My favorite still remains HP3: Prisoner of Azkaban. But Half Blood was simply outstanding on levels. I’ll be seeing it again Saturday on IMAX which will be even better as it’s one of the original IMAX screens that loom up and over the audience as opposed to newer screens that are just big.