June 22, 2009

Drawing Phineas and Ferb with Swampy and Dan

Posted by at 8:56 am in Games, Graphic Novels | Permalink

Phineasandferb_130 Hey, Splotters! I hope you're taking Dan and Swampy's advice and having an awesome and creative summer (unless, of course, your school hasn't let out for the summer yet, in which case I'll take it on good faith that your summer will rock once it starts).

But if you're busy saying "Dan and Swampy? Who are they?" let me fill you in. Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh are the creators of Phineas and Ferb, the Disney cartoon which follows two stepbrothers in their quest to have the best summer ever.

Swampy and Dan invented the characters, write the stories, and come up with all the crazy tunes that accompany Phineas and Ferb's inventions and adventures. And now Swampy and Dan are challenging you to use your imagination this summer to invent, draw, write, create, and have fun.

If you need a little help getting your creative juices going, Swampy and Dan have something for that too. Check out these step-by-step instructions for how to draw Phineas and Ferb. Ferb's up first:

HowtoDrawFerb0_small

HowtoDrawFerb1_small

HowtoDrawFerb2_small

Now instructions for Phineas:

HowToPhineas001_small

HowToPhineas002_small

HowToPhineas003_small

Here's my rendition of Phineas and Ferb:

Phineasandferb-002

I'd like to be cooler than your teacher, but my only advice on this one is to read to the end of the instructions before you begin. I like my Phineas, but my Ferb suffers from me not knowing I should have done this in pencil so I could erase all the unnecessary lines. Whoops!

How'd you do? Leave a comment and let me know about your artistic exploits, your thoughts on Phineas and Ferb, and how you plan to have the best, most creative summer ever!

— Carly H., STACKS Staffer

1. Abby

Is it possible to make it as good as the creators? Seriously! I certainly can’t draw that well. If it was for a grade, I would get an F-.

2. puppyjoyful1

in class,i draw phineas and ferb.iam in 4th grade. my friends love my phineas and ferb drawings!all my friends love my drawings. i think i am popular in my class.my teacher thinks i am a sweet little 4th grader.
    p.s, myclass and teacher rock!

3. TehEpicMan

Well, of course you can’t draw it perfect when it’s from the creators, but it’s the BEST POSSIBLE you can find on the internet. It’s impossible to make it exactly the way the creators do without a program or violating copyright laws. Thx Swampy & Dan! Btw, you can makethier faces out of text!

4. Amelia

I think you should make Doofinshmurtz discover what I discovered a little bit ago-that a birthday in September means you are free from evil! (at least that is what my calendar says) His birthday should be in September and he makes a machine that makes it switch meanings with another month! It should also make people think that nothing has changed when he activates it .

5. Emiley R S

hi me and my friend avery were wondering about having a teenager phineas and ferb? by the way tonight me and avery are going to do a play of that. she is going to be candece and i am isabella and the babysitter is stacy and me and avery are wondering are isabella and stacy sisters cus they both waer bows? well bye.
    ps: me and avery are going to build something in our back yard i will post a comment again when i can

6. B 09

I love phineas and ferb an love to draw the characers
    they are great I even thought of a great idea for the show that Dan and Swampy might like.
    Doofenshmirtz decided to make a personnality reversonnator to shwitch personnality with his brother so he can be liked by others. but perry the platypus ruins his plan and the reversonnator zaps phineas and ferb. Now
    phineas is quiet and ackting like ferb and ferb is ackting more like phineas, confusing thier friends and sister.
    Thats all I got but I’m shure it would be cool to see ferb talk more often in one of the episodes Hope you find this and use the plot or idea for one of your shows.

7. cookiecream3

AWSOME! I tried writing it and it was fun and easy…… well that’s just me!!!! ROFL! ayway thanks for the 411! it rocked! thanks again!