May 13, 2009

Now Casting: How I Survived Middle School

Posted by at 7:23 am in How I Survived Middle School | Permalink

Mss_130About a month ago on the Middle School Survival site in the Top Ten section, we asked you who should play Jenny and Addie in a movie based on the How I Survived Middle School series. The results were pretty unanimous, which was surprising:

Jenny Mcfee (Cast by YOU!)
Miley_130 #1 choice: Miley Cyrus

I agree — Miss Miley would be perfect for this role because not only does she look a little bit like Jenny, but she also deals with all the hardships one faces at school on a daily basis on her hit show, Hannah Montana.

Selina_gomez_130 #2 choice: Selena Gomez
Like Miley, Selena is constantly thinking of clever ways to deal with her school problems (on the Disney show Wizards of Waverly Place). Plus, she is also moving quickly up the celebrity ladder, so we'd better snag her while we have the chance.

View complete list of Jenny Mcfee considerations »

Addie Wilson (Cast by YOU!)
#1 choice: Ashley Tisdale
All I have to say is, "bravo" to the users who submitted Ashley Tisdale as their top choice to play Addie Wilson. Ashley already has this in the bag after starring as Sharpay in the High School Musical films. This role should be a cinch!

#2: Britney Spears
Britney Spears would be a bit too old for the role of Addie, but after watching her on How I Met Your Mother and Will & Grace, I'm sure Britney could pull if off. However, if she's too busy with her world tour, maybe her sister Jamie Lynn could fill in.

View complete list of Addie Wilson considerations »

Of course, there are a few characters that still need to be cast. So here's how I would round out the crew:

Haley Williams of Paramore as Chloe
Though she's not an actress and has never appeared in a movie or television show, Haley Williams can definitely perform. After seeing this Paramore lead singer in interviews and performances, I think Haley would fit this role as Jenny's friend quite well due to his fun demeanor and easygoing personality.

Cole or Dylan Sprouse as Marc
These Suite Life of Zack and Cody stars would be a shoe-in for the role of Marc. Funny, outgoing, and friendly, either one of these actors would have no problem pulling off this character. Now, which one would I cast . . . that's a hard one!

Emily Osment as Felicia
As Hannah Montana's comedic best friend, Emily Osment already has this role down. Plus she has such a friendly and welcoming appearance that she could never be cast as "a pop."

Miranda Cosgrove as Dana
Sure you love Miranda Cosgrove in Nickelodeon's iCarly, but this talented actress also played the stuck-up and demanding girl in the movie School of Rock (2003) and the annoying and scheming sister on Drake and Josh, so I'm sure she'll have no problem acting as Addie's cruel and popular friend.

Colleen and Suzanne Dengel as Marilyn and Carolyn
You may not have heard of these girls, but they starred alongside famed actress Meryl Streep as her daughters in the 2006 hit movie Devil Wears Prada. Not only are they middle-school age, but they also fit the prerequisite of being identical twins.

Emma Roberts as Sabrina
This actress has the skills down to play one of the unkind, popular girls in How I Survived Middle School. Though she is probably one of the most down-to-earth young actresses in Hollywood, like her aunt Julia Roberts, Emma Roberts can take on any part she is given and succeed.

Bonnie Wright as Sam
Have you happen to hear of a little series called Harry Potter? Well, if you have, then you've probably both read the books and seen the movies. This actress, Bonnie Wright, plays Ginny Weasley. Given her well-established acting credentials and the fact that she already has a British accent (right, she's from England), she'd be perfect for the role of Sam.

Susan Sarandon as Ms. Jaffe
She is probably one of the greatest actresses of all time. If you don't know who she is from her name, you might recognize her as Queen Narissa from the Disney movie Enchanted. Susan Sarandon has been in just about any type of movie you can imagine; from comedy to drama to action, she's done it all. This is the reason I pick her to star as Ms. Jaffe, Joyce Kilmer Middle School's strict and tough English teacher.

So, do you all agree with my choices? If not, who would you pick?

— Carly M., STACKS Staffer

1. Katie

I agree with all of them, EXCEPT for the role of Jenny. I believe that, instead of Miley Cyrus, it should be cast to Selena Gomez. Miley Cyrus has been through so many movies and shows, it’s time to let another pro, that hasn’t been shown as much, to have the spotlight this time!!

2. Tina

i honestly think that they should be casting people that actually ARE in middle school cus they know more about being i middle school cus like all these people are like 18 years old at the least so what the heck? It just wouldnt make sense at all

3. Jennifer =D

I love it except Miley changed wayyyy to much, it should be Selena and what about all her friends? Is this movie even gonna come out?

4. Caitlin

Josh: Jake Short
    Spencer: Davis Cleveland
    Dana: MacKenzie Foy
    Sabrina: Shyann McClure
    Claire: Addy Miller

5. t

hi- i think selena gomez as jenny and ashley tisdale as addie they are perfect for the characters they fight right in. like selena goes to school and deals with the same things and ashley just perfectly fits for addie. both stars have been in many movies and should earn this fantastic spotlight. but no matter what i will always think this. i dont think miley is a good romodel for others and she wouldnt fit in for the roll of jenny. thanks for reading my idea!

6. Caitlin

I think you should make them younger. Your choices are like high school age and higher. We need middle school aged actors and actresses, like ages 11-14. Stefanie Scott would make an awesome Addie, though.

7. Annonymus

Jenny-Debby Ryan
    Addie-Ashley Tisdale
    Chloe-Selena Gomez
    Rachel-Hayley Williams
    Felicia-Emily Osment
    Josh-Josh Ramsey <3
    Marc-Matt Prokop
    Marilyn & Carolyn-Katelyn & Kara Pacitto

8. hellokitty<3

Lucy Hale should play Jenny!! she has the same brown hair and blue eyes and i think she would be perfect as Jenny!!

9. Cimmie

Those people are way too old! I am alwys reding how i suvived middle school and i want the movie to be perfect not some high school reunion!

10. ines

i will love seeing the movie!!! when does it appear ? please make it!!! i love the book, and im only in the fisrt one!
    and amazing cast!!! that will be great, watching them!:)

11. amarene818

I think alyson stoner should play rachel (shes sporty) and for josh…. how about Shia Saide LaBeouf from transformers!!! please look at this!!

12. cutepuppy38

i think they should make a big audition for middle schoolers all over america.. they are way to old.. MIDDLE SCHOOL

13. cutepuppy38

I Think the actors should be a little younger.. its MIDDLE SCHOOL. not high school or college.. miley cyrus, selena, or ashley doesnt look like theyre in middle school. Think! Its a middle school movie…

14. Sarah

1.I think jenny would be nicely played by Zendaya or bella thorne(Shake it up)
    2.Addie could be ashley tisdale in sharpay form..But brittany spears is tooo old!!
    3.umm chloe should be played by bella thorne definetly.
    4.Marc should be zac efron or dylan or cole could work.
    5.sabrina could be umm OMG!!i never relized how many charecters nancy krulik added ps lovvvee the books but as the series go bigger i start to like less

15. lily

i thmk all the characters are too old and there is abig difference in age group considering they are supposed to play middle schoolers. maybe you shouldnt just focus on wether the actors are famous or not. chose actors that look the part in age and physical character and more or less match the description of the character.

16. emma

Rachel: Debbie Ryan
    Liza: Jennifer Stone
    Claire: Nicole Anderson
    Maya: Vannessa Hudgens
    Josh: Justin Bieber

17. Peyton

Debbie ryan would make a great liza and Vanessa Morgan could be an awesome rachel
    so this is what i think
    Debbie ryan:liza
    Matthew Knight:josh
    Vanessa Morgan:Rachel
    Kate todd:claire
    Ella Jonas Fargliner:maya

18. Jessica

awesome it’s one of my favorite series of books(i have 2 favorite series) and i ask my friend if i can read them because i only have 2 of the collection and i give her other books

19. Elisabeth

I think you shouldn`t get anybody famous to play the parts. Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Ashley Tisdale and Britney Spears are all to old to play the parts anyway. I think you should get people around the same grade as Jenny Mcfee and that are and aren`t famous.
    Anybody agree?

20. Lillie

miley should definitely play jenny! She’s totally the best choice. There were a few characters not mentioned and will they be in the movie? Dylan sprouse should play Marc. How long will it take until the movie will be started and finished? I’m dying to see it! :] :] :]

21. brown bear

no way!!!!we can’t let miley or selena because there just not natrul and 30 year old brittney and 7 year old twins, no!!!!ashly tinsdale totally not!!!!this movie is got to get better than this why not just use middle schoolers?????and 1 other thing use judy in fred as addie:~)BTW i love these books!!!!!!!!addie is cool right???:~)

22. frances

no way!!!!!!if we let miley be in the movie or selena because just think this is going to be bad with them also 30 year old brittney and 7 year old twins????o and ashly tinsdale absulutly not!!!!why not some1 good??but this is going to be awesome just not brittney.

23. janvi

i think that jennette mcurdy should be addie miranda cosgrove should be dana and i think nathan kress should be marc

24. Violet

Selena Gomez should be Jenny. Dylan Sprouse(so cute)should be Marc. Haley Williams should be Chole. Reese Witherspoon should be Addie.

25. PENNY!!!!!

Selena Gomez would be great at the role of Jenny!!!!!!!! I think Tiffany Thorton should play Addie Wilson.

26. Dramaqueen123

Hellooooo! They are all like what 18 or 19!
    I mean they are supposed to be in 6th grade!!
    No offense

27. Sophia

i probably would think that Selena gomez would do the best as jenny mcafee in the movie. luv everyone else, tho

28. Sarah223

I think all of these people are way to old to play sixth and seventh graders. Most of these people are over seventeen, I would rather have younger people that I could relate to.

29. a

IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO A MOVIE THEN YOU MAKE THE PEOPLE IN THE MOVIE MIDDLE SCHOOL AGE NOT SOME BODY WHO IS IN COLLEDGE! None of the actors are good, not saying I do not like them or anything. But really for example Jenny should be some one like 11 years old. PLEASE PEOPLE YOU ARE GOING TO RUIN THE HOLE MOVIE make the actors younger thanks

30. a

If you are going to make a movie you have to have commen sense…you make the actors middle school age and thats the end of it!

31. nearly-headless sophia

OMG!!!!!!!!! Arianda Grande would ROCK for Rachel! The guy who plays Robby in Victorious would be awsome for Mark or Josh becausethey are bigest nerds i’ve ever seen!

32. nearly-headless sophia

ok so i heard they were selling dounuts at taco bell so i went there and there wasn’t any!!!!! who is the mischievious mischif maker!!!!!

33. a

I think the actors have to totally be middke school age or else the movie will not be that great make the actor be like 12 years old.

34. tina

jenny=selena gomez
    addie=ashley tisdale
    marc=cole sprouse
    felcia=emily osement
    rachel=victoria justice
    josh=david henry
    liza=nicole anderson
    dana=miranda cosgove
    sam=bonnie wright
    claire=chelsea stubb
    maya=megan martin
    sabrina=bridget meandler
    marylin and carolyn=collen and suzanne dengal
    chloe=haley willams
    NO MILEY CYRUS OR BRITNEY SPEARS THEIR BOTH BAD ROLE MODELS

35. Elizabeth

I think Selena Gomez would be good for this role, because she looks a bit like Jenny, and she would be great for the part. Considering all of the bad things Miley has done, I would not reccomend her being in the movie.

36. Kristina

I LOVE the book and I think that it should be…
    Josh:Drake Bell
    Mark:Logan Henderson
    Jenny:Victoria Justice
    Felicia:Selena Gomez
    Rachel:Ariana Grande
    Marilyn and Carolyn:
    Camilla Rosso and Rebecca Rosso
    Addie:Ashley Tisdale
    Dana:Demi Lovato
    Claire:Nicole Anderson
    Chloe:Miranda Cosgrove

37. hannah

could i possibly audition? i want to be an actress. i’m only in 8th grade, but i am currently studting to be one.

38. Natalie

Okay, here’s my cast:
    Jenny: Madeline Carroll.
    Addie: Adair Tishler.
    Chloe: Ashley Argo-ta.
    Marc: Mitchell Mussy.
    Liza: Sammi Handicraft.
    Josh: Nathan Cress.
    Marilyn/Carolyn: Colleen and Suzanne Dengel.
    Sam: Bonnie Wright.
    Felicia: Alyson Stoner.
    Rachel: Jennette McCurdy.
    Dana: Elizabeth McLaughlin.
    Claire: Brenda Song.
    Sabrina: Emma Roberts.
    Maya: Demi Lovato.
    Jeffery: Josh Hutchinson.
    Aaron: Jake T. Austin.
    Spencer: Ryan Ochoa.
    Mrs. Janifer: Mindy Sterling.

39. 51dotfeg

Ok On this Supposition most of the Disney channel stars would probably play as the Characters in this series of books. One after another would come well with this “Play off” it is a great idea to think of this!

40. super_cookie_13

I think those are all good coices but what about the rest of the pops, plus ithink josh should be played nick jonas

41. Chantelle

I would so wanna be Jenny. I mean, im short , have a mess of thin wave/curls, but my dream is to become an actress, and its my fave series ever!!

42. Chantelle

OH, NO!!! Not Utah or ANYWHERE in the States. I think in Canada, cuz nothin is ever filmed there, and there is a lot of people that want to be actors or actresses but cant cuz its all in the states

43. Chantelle

Will there be a How I Survived Middle School series and if so would the auditions be in Canada instead of the States for a change?

44. Chantelle

I think some of these people are to OLD to play the characters! Jenny and her friends are only, like, 11 or 12.
    Some of them, like Sabrina and the other 7th graders, might be able to pull it off.

45. mwa

I think the books are great and that a movie would be awsome! They should film and cast in utah becouse there is lots of actors and actresses here. All of my friends act and the school plays have everyone in it(The junior highs and middle schools all have about 500 people each!) There are tons of PERFECT people here! (in age perfections!) I think all of those people are to old. The first i thought some were good but then you imagine them acting out the scenes and no. It won’t work. I wouldn’t add britny or miley becouse they would be bad influenences to people who the shows. (Can you imagine miley wearing a camp Kendale t shirt?!) I’m sorry but they need to be younger.Has the movie already been made? Do not put adults and babys in a show together unless its like a mom or something. Hope it’s a movie! (And filmed in utah!)

46. Jamie

justin bieber = josh
    jasmine sagginerio= felica
    selena gomez= jenny mcafee
    demi lovato= Chloe
    miley cyrus= addie

47. alyssa

i agree with bekah these actors are wayy to old to play these characters. if there is a movie of how i survived middle school i think you should hold auditions for people ages 11-13 unless they want to audition for the younger sibblings,the teachers,the parents etc. i would love to audition as jenny or chloe or anyone lol. i hope there will be a movie soon!!

48. faith

i think they are good ones but trt some normal pepole mabye that whould work better? hale no mranda mabye NOT miley cyurs….selena gomez!! she is sweet miley has gone bad and she is nothig like jenny! selena is!! and ashley will be good as that addie!!!!

49. Mackenzie

Camilla and Rebbeca Rosso should play Marilyn and Carolyn becuz they look like them. Miley Cyrus should play Jenny, Ashley tisdale should play Addie and Miranda Cosgrove should play Dana

50. cleo

i love the books but the choise of characters for me is a no no. most (if not all) of the people chosen are to old to paly 6 to 7 graders. maybe some actors from the ages of 12 to 14 would be good?

51. MacKenzie

Jenny- Miley Cyrus
    Addie- Ashley Tisdale
    Chloe- KeKe Palmer
    Marc- Cole Sprouse
    Rachael- Demi Lovato
    Felicia-
    Dana- Brenda Song
    Marilyn- Camilla Rosso
    Carolyn- Rebecca Rosso
    Sabrina- Emma Roberts
    Samantha- Bonnie Right

52. MacKenzie

I think for Marilyn and Carolyn you should choose Camilla Rosso and Rebecca Rosso because like the Marilyn and Carolyn they finish each others sentences and they look like Marilyn and Carolyn. Which is why they should play Marilyn and Carolyn

53. madayy

Ummmmmm u 4got ALOT of ppl rachel, the pops,and josh and liza >< but u shuld make a movie btw some of the people like dana and chloe r supposed 2 be black.

54. Selena

CLaire should be Nicole Anderson, she’s really cute and nice. liza…debby ryan is pefect. I think cole sprouse is pefect for marc. i personally dont like dylan. ashley is great for addie. selena gomez should definetly play the part for jenny. miley is very pretty, but she has an accent and selena looks more like jenny than miley.

55. Sophia

Aren’t Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez too old for middle school? I think ELizabeth McLaughin should be Jenny and Bridigt Mendeler Addie.

56. teyah

Okay, here’s my cast:
    Jenny: selena gomez
    Addie: ashely tisdale
    Chloe:Jasmine Richards
    Marc: Mitchell Musso.
    Liza: dokota fanning
    Josh: Nathan Kress.
    Marilyn/Carolyn:milly and becky rosso Sam: Bonnie Wright.
    Felicia: Alyson Stoner.

Jenny: selena gomez
    Addie: ashely tisdale
    Chloe:Jasmine Richards
    Marc: Mitchell Musso.
    Liza: dokota fanning
    Josh: Nathan Kress.
    Marilyn/Carolyn: Colleen and Suzanne Dengel.
    Sam: Bonnie Wright.
    Felicia: Alyson Stoner.
    Rachel: Jennette McCurdy.
    Dana: Elizabth McLaughlin.
    Claire: Brenda Song.
    Sabrina: Emma Roberts.
    Maya: Demi Levato.
    Jeffery: Josh Hutcherson.
    Aaron: Jake T. Austin.
    Spencer: Ryan Ochoa.
    Mrs. Jaffe:Susan Sarandon .

58. 467476mlr13

I think its a great idea. I love the books. I hope it all works out. I also agree with kaylee’s comment on June16,2009

59. Haylee

Where is Josh, Rachel, Maya, Claire, Liza, and Sabrina they are all important parts in the book! You should totally turn these into movies! I love these books! but you should use real middle schooler………. miley cyrus as jenny just would ruin the movie you have to use real middle schooler or else its just not the same

60. someone whose a girl

i think that making a movie is cool. there are a lot of people missing though, in the cast. i don’t care for miley cyrus. even though she has good looks, she is already famous and this is supposed to be about MIDDLE SCHOOLERS, not high schoolers. plus, it’s not like it’s the 8th grade or anything, it’s 6th! If selena gomez and ashley tisdale grew younger by a few years, i think that THEY should be jenny and addie.

61. sassygirl313

I read the book into the wood and it was great! I already love the series! I also like the kimani tru series. Also, Bonnie Wright would be perfect 2 play Sam. I wish casting would come to Connecticut cuz I would luv to be in that movie! when is it going to come in theaters?

62. jasmine

i think hanna montana is dum beacuse alot of people go to her concerts so i personaly think they should take of her concerts and please do not take off the tv show

63. Laura

there isn’t a movie out yet,ashley, and also i had a good idea- Victoria Justice would also be really good as Chloe,wouldn’t she?

64. ashley

i am such a big fan of middle school survival i am so glad there is a movie.
    Jenny Mcfee – Selena Gomez
    Addie Wilson -Ashley Tisdale
    Marc – Cole Sprouse

65. Kyndall

I think Selena as Jenny Ashley as Addie
    I think the rest are alll very well considered i hope they make a movie of this i would soooooo die i luv these books

66. Paige

I think i would be perfect for the roll of Claire or the leader. I never read the books but i will because i am getting it from a catalouge. But whoever the leader of the pops is i think (in my opinion) i would be pefect for the roll of Claire or the leader. TTYL!!! ;)

67. blablabla13

i think that this is great, i wish you can make the movie into shows becuse there are series but movie is also no problem.have a good day peeps

68. ilikechz

evena lynch should play lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69. BEKAH

dear Nancy,
    these people the fans picked are WAY TOO OLD!! and most of them are very busy with their own things to b in a movie, maybe let some new talent be in this <3
    signing off,
    Bekah

70. Laura

Okay, here’s my cast:
    Jenny: Madeline Carroll.
    Addie: Adair Tishler.
    Chloe: Ashley Argota.
    Marc: Mitchell Musso.
    Liza: Sammi Hanratty.
    Josh: Nathan Kress.
    Marilyn/Carolyn: Colleen and Suzanne Dengel.
    Sam: Bonnie Wright.
    Felicia: Alyson Stoner.
    Rachel: Jennette McCurdy.
    Dana: Elizabth McLaughlin.
    Claire: Brenda Song.
    Sabrina: Emma Roberts.
    Maya: Demi Levato.
    Jeffery: Josh Hutcherson.
    Aaron: Jake T. Austin.
    Spencer: Ryan Ochoa.
    Mrs. Jaffe: Mindy Sterling.

71. Samantha

Definitely NOT the Rosso twins. I like the Dengel twins for this. Also Miley isn’t a bad choice and Miranda Cosgrove is alright…

72. Dina

My identical twin and I would love to audition! They shouldnt just cast based on fame! We have a full resume of castings that not everyone knows!

73. Sarah

i think the cast you have is way to old i mean miley cyrus and selena gomez are like sixteen and the book is about a girl who is in sixth grade so shes like 11

74. Victoria :D

Miley Cyrus is AWESOME but I admit she’s not really middle-school age! I think the best way would be to cast “unknown talent” for the parts!

75. Strawberrypeace

Nany Krulik may I have your email, my dream is to become a auther, I really love your books. Your my role-model
    plese, and thankyou

76. Strawberrypeace

Okay first of all I have nooo idea who half of the people are, but…
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i HAVE THE WHOLE SERIES SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

77. Haytink

i think that all the people that you and the other people selected are way to old. these girls are supose to be in 6th grade middle school. now high school.

78. Adriana

Dear Nancy,
    I find this show so amazing I am one of your biggest fans and this is the only way to get through to you. me and my friend has the entire series of “How I Survived Middle School” in fact we are in middle school I’m in 6th grade
    and I love<3 your books. You inspire me to write stories and I think it’s very fun to let your imagination flow. I would also kill to be Chloe in the movie because I always dreamed of becoming an actress and she has such a bubbly personality and is such a drama queen like me:) I know you have lots of stuff to read but I searched everywhere to find your email to send real fan mail but just can’t. I hope you reply and read this note:)
    Lots Of Love
    Adriana :)

79. Adriana

I thought that was so cool!
    But i think Miley would be better for Jenny. Ashely for Addie. I think the best person who could play Ms.Jaffe would be Teri Hatcher who stars in Desperate Houswives. I think the movie will be great but they might be a little to old don’t you think? You should get younger kids like my age 11-12 years old. :)

80. Chrisya

I think that your idea is SO COOL! I agrred with it. For Miley, I think she must wear clothes that are plain and she must be the same like u.Thankz, that’s all I wanted to share to all of u. ~GBu~

81. Nufasita

Maya: Meaghan Jette Martin
    Jeffrey: Zac Efron
    Aaron: Josh Hutcherson
    Spencer: Frankie Jonas
    Ms. Jaffe: Maria Canals Barrera

82. Olha

BRITNEY SPEARS IS TOO OLD FOGIES MAN!!!! no offence but u have to make the lockers and the classroom doors a million km taller in order for everyone to look like middle schoolers :)

83. Nelisha

Selena should play Jenny because Jenny has straight hair and Selena could straighten her hair like she does sometimes. No offence but Britney Spears is way too old and she would ruin Addie’s reputation kind of. Don’t you think the Sprouse twins are too short to be Mark…? JUSTIN BIEBER SHOULD PLAY MARK!!! yay!

84. jenna2candy

just asking-is the movie out already or something, or is it still not done or even started yet? sorry, i cant really catch up on this stuff. and what is the movie called, or what will it be called

85. jenna2candy

I think Selena Gomez is great for the part as Jenny, but not so much Miley Cyrus. Everyone else is perfect, but aren’t they ALL a little TOO old for middle schoolers?

86. Jenny

Miley or Selena would be great for the role of Jenny but I personally think I should get the part. I look a lot like Jenny, my personality’s the same, and my name’s even Jenny!

87. emma

i think they should get unknown people but jennette mcgurdy would be good as addie and miranda would b good as dana

88. Cecilia

i no hisms is great. if emily osment dyed her hair, she’s make a gr8 addie.
    now moved on to european dances- thandsmore, inkspolt, and osmentyn

89. Laura

I don’t know about hayley williams playing chloe i looked at her wikipedia page and found out she was 20! so here are my choices for the part of chloe:
    1.Ashley Argota.
    2.Alyson Stoner.
    3.Hayden Pannetiere

90. Cecilia

gr8 series! can’t write much b/c i have 2 do my african dance project. i have to cover the dances zakodakodi, boulchent, ellezabesh, iuyiiutt, endigail, and aclumpf

91. Leah

my cast:
    Jenny: Abigail Breslin
    Felicia:Debbie Ryan
    Marilyn and Carolyn:Camilla and Rebecca Rosso
    Chloe:Jennette McCurdy
    Liza: Miranda Cosgrove
    Rachel: Dakota Fanning
    Sam:Bonnie Wright
    Addie:Ellen Marlow
    Marc:Logan Lerman
    Josh: josh hutcherson
    i think the books should be a tv show i know i would watch it!

92. emily

i totally think they should release a movie and alyssa is right you forgot WAY to many people. and zoe is kinda right. u need people the same age

93. Alyssa

You forgot like 8 people. You need her brother, two of her friends. Felicia’s boyfriend, some of the pops and Jenny’s mom.

94. Zoe

WHAT?!?!?! This is absolutely dumb!!! They cannot get a thirty year old (Brittany Spears) and then 8 year olds (The Dengel twins) to play Addie and Marylin and Carylin!!!!!! Wow, if this really comes out as a movie, I’d love to see this train wreck!! And, why can’t they get new people??

95. kaylee

liza – debbie ryan
    rachel- jennifer stone
    josh – josh hutcherson
    claire – nicole anderson
    maya – breanda song

96. Bella

What about Rachel,Liza,Josh Sabrina, Claire and Maya? Rachel and Liza are good friends to Jenny. Josh is just as important as Marc plus he’s Felicia’s boyfriend. And Clair, Maya, Sabrina, Dana and Addie all make up the pops!

97. Taylor

I love these books!!! I think those choices are great! Especially the one about Ashley Tisdale playing Addie!! :)

98. alli

what about josh racheal and liza they are very important i mean jost is felica;s boyfriend racheal is jennys best friend from elementery school and liza is her best friend from middle school!

99. Hannah

i think that selena gomez should play jenny cuz she seem like a person that can be quiet but miley would be good for jenny too all these characters ar good and it is missing some characters

100. kendall

the people who play the characters should be middle school age only. P.S. Miley should NOT play Jenny that would ruin the whole movie.

101. Jada

That was a great review! I have read some books in that series and have really enjoyed them a lot. The one that I liked best was the one called “The New Girl.” I have also read “P.S. I Really Like You,” and that was very good, too. Right now I am reading one called “Cheat Sheet.” It is so far very good, but I am only on Chapter #3. I hope that the public library here has the rest of the series so that I can read those books! (Oh, and if you’ve noticed, I am not reading them in order because somebody already had the first one checked out of the library and I don’t own them.)

102. 161cookiesandcream

I think that dylan or cole sprouse should play spencer. (spencer is liza’s little brother)

103. snapgirl

Bonnie Wright as Sam…of course, yeah very cool…good choice… i saw all her videos on Youtube… she’s a real talent, really…I wasn’t aware of her as Ginny Weasley until I saw Chamber of Secrets again…she’s cute
    Not so many knew Bonnie Wright was on Disney’s Season 2 The Replacement as Vanessa and I was like, wow. i never knew she sounds like that..really cool and on Stranded too as Sarah…

104. TakeMyHand

I personnally like Bonnie Wright… gee, very seldom knows that Bonnie Wrigh is a real talent.. she let her voice borrowed for
    Disney’s season 2 opening of The Replacement as Vanessa

105. Hope111

Miley or Slena would be perfect though I think Selena would be better. Britney as Addie- no way! She’s too old. Ashley is good maybe that girl who plays Kate Saunders in Lizzie Mcguire would be good too.BTW, If there ever was a real TV show of HISMS series, I would audition for Jenny. I do look a bit like her.

106. Isabella

This would be awesome! Why DON’T they make this book into a TV show? Selena Gomez would be good as Jenny because of her personality. Miley could be because of her looks.

107. Hamstergirl10

I really think that Haley Williams would rock if she were Chloe. My friends and I already think she rocks. Also, Miley Cyrus would be great as Jenny.
    Peace,
    Hamstergirl10 ;)

108. Emma

I defentaly think that Cole or Dylan Sprouse should play Marc! I am such a big fan of the books and Dylan could play Marc really well!!!