Book Titles for Opposite Day (Or Not)
Today is Opposite Day! Or should I say, "Today ISN'T Opposite Day" in order to make that true?
If you're as big of a Zac Efron fan as I am, then I bet you watched his recent appearance on Saturday Night Live. Obviously, I was glued to the TV for that. But while I loved the parody of HSM, I actually laughed the hardest at one part of "Weekend Update" featuring a band that takes classic rock songs and changes the lyrics to their "opposites" — sometimes using the word "opposites" pretty loosely. For example, the song "That's What Friends Are For" became "That's What Enemies Are Five." (Get it?)
I was inspired to do the same thing, but Splot-style. So I came up with some "opposite" book titles:
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid --> Skywriting of a Brave Adult
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire --> Harry Potter and the Collander of Ice
- Inkdeath --> Wite-Out® Birth
- Esperanza Rising --> Desperación Falling
- Because of Winn-Dixie --> In Spite of Safeway (or In Spite of Food Emporium, In Spite of Gristedes, In Spite of Stop & Shop — take your pick)
Now it's your turn. Leave a comment with your opposite book titles! Or, you know, don't . . .
— Karen, STACKS Staffer