Ugh. Guess who I’m gonna be writing about, again. That guy everyone goes on and on about: Zac Efron. I’ll have to research countless articles, review movie trailers, and look at hundreds of pictures of Zac. *weary voice* Oh, the life of an Ink Splot blogger is so difficult. However will I survive?
17 Things About Zachary David Alexander Efron (yup, that’s his full name):
- His friends and family make him the happiest.
- He has three pets: two Australian shepherds named Dreamer and Puppy, and a Siamese cat named Simon.
- He doesn’t have any (known) phobias or pet peeves.
- Zac recently had his appendix out in an emergency appendectomy surgery.
- And he was back at work after just one day of rest!
- He’d like to see the whole world, and specifically go on safari in Africa.
- He’s performed roles in the musicals Gypsy, Peter Pan, and The Music Man in community theater.
- Some of his favorite books: King Arthur, Catcher in the Rye, and the Hank the Cow Dog series.
- Zac likes to dance, but he tries not to be a showman about it. Despite all of his dancing experience from High School Musical . . .
- . . . he was really nervous during his performance at the Oscars.
- But walking down the red carpet with sweetheart and HSM costar Vanessa Hudgens was a piece of cake!
- His advice on learning to spin a basketball on your finger:
“Anyone could probably do it. Start with a pen. If you really want to learn how to do it, use a pen instead of your finger because your finger is the hard part.”
- In high school he had friends from all different cliques, and his best friends now are four or five “geeky, fun-loving kind of guys”.
- At one point in 17 Again, Zac defends himself from a light saber wielding sci-fi techno-geek. He claims that if they had shot the scene with real light sabers, his co-star would now have “less face.”
- If he could transform himself into another version of himself at any other age, he’d like to run around like Stewie from Family Guy — a 3-year-old with lots of intelligence.
- He thinks that he was pretty cool until about freshman year of high school and then it was downhill until he was about 17. And then something happened and it all came back. (Uh, maybe because he became a movie star?)
- He has no idea where he sees himself in five years.
Well, I hope he’s still continuing to do movies in five years, ’cause he sounds like a pretty cool guy. And so nice to look at:
— Nancy, STACKS Staffer (and Zac Efron Afficionado)
Interviews conducted by Gerri Miller
Photos courtesy of Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema