February 7, 2009

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Movie, Starring . . . You?

Diaryofawimpykid_130 “But the truth is, when they make a movie or a TV mini-series about me, they’ll probably just skip right over the middle school years and go right to the part where I’m famous. Seriously, who’s gonna want to see a movie about a guy who’s stuck in middle school with a bunch of half-grown morons?”

Well, 20th Century Fox is counting on LOTS of people seeing a movie about a kid stuck in middle school (whether it’s filled with half-grown morons is yet to be seen). They’re making Jeff Kinney’s Diary of a Wimpy Kid series into a movie! The quote above is part of Greg’s opening dialogue, and he’s totally wrong — because those middle school years are exactly what the movie is about.

How did I get a quote from a movie that’s not out yet? This is really cool — Fox is doing on online casting call for the main character, Greg Heffley. They put the first scene of the movie up on their website and are having kids submit audition tapes online. Then anyone who visits the website can watch the audition tapes – kind of like American Idol for male actors age 10-13, except it’s not on television and you can’t call in and vote and there’s no Simon Cowell (thankfully!) or Paula Abdul and . . . Okay, so maybe it’s nothing like American Idol. But some guy out there is going to go from regular middle-schooler to movie star. And I hope he’s keeping a diary (or as Greg would insist, journal) in case someday someone wants to make a movie about when he became famous!

And for all those Wimpy Kid fans who aren’t wannabe-movie stars, Jeff Kinney has more Wimpy Kid books planned — one that will be out in the fall of 2009 and one in 2010, which will hold you over until the movie comes out. If you’re not a fan of the series yet, you should be. Check out this video trailer for the books and go get reading!

— Carly H., STACKS Staffer

UPDATE 3/22: Check out all our Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie coverage including movie clips, a chat with Jeff Kinney and Zach Gordon, a sneak peek at Jeff Kinney’s new book, a trivia quiz, and interviews with the actors!

1. Desdemona

hey I have the movie diary it is awesome but lets not talk about that. I love my new purple poofy dress with a sleeveless top and a black corset!

2. daylami

hi….i just LOVE these books they are just perfect….i read the first book, and im so close to finish the second…and i already bought the third and fourth one…and im so looking forward for the movie.Jeff, u made me addicted!!!

3. Larissa

thank for all of your books. BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Ryan

1 did not come out in fall. But i do want to play the role of the girl Greg has a crush on, or thinks is cute.

5. ESMERALDA

I LIKE YOUR BOOKS SERIES
    AND I AM HOPING TO BE IN
    ONE OF YOUR MOVIES FOR THE
    NEXT DIARY OF THE WIMPY KID
    MOVIE.AND THAT THE NEXT BOOK WILL COME OUT SOON!!!!
    I LOVE YOUR BOOKS!!!!!!
    YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

6. Green Team

PEOPLE YOU CAN NOT SHINE UP TO BE IN THE MOVIE ANYMORE SORRY…. BUT I WOULD LOVE TO BE IN THE MOVIE :( …. BUT IT WILL BE AWSOME:)

7. parker

I LOVE the diary of a wimpy kid books!!!!!! Ive read the series 6 times already!!! I cany wait untill the next book comes out and also the movie

8. kaykay112

i think it will be an awkward ’cause it will be reall people instead of stick figures but just the same sounds good1

9. Imogen

Your book is sooooo coool!Im totaly going to see your movie!I totaly hope you make more books and movies!Please Make more BOOKS AND MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Stephanie

I read the books and loved them. Can’t wait for the movie to come out. The movie is due out March 19, 2010. You can watch the trailer on numerous websites.
    Trailer is great! It’s very funny and the movie should be very entertaining for the whole family. This movie should be one of the best for 2010. Also, I heard there is a new book coming out March 16, called the “Wimpy Kid Movie Diary”. This book is coming out just before the movie opens. It’s all about the making of the movie from the first book, and how they picked the cast with behind the scenes pictures and stories. I will add this to my collection of Wimpy Kid Novels. Can’t wait!

11. Beyonce=)

The movie comes out March 19,2010 for the people who want to know when the movie comes out.(main cast) Greg:Zachory Gordon rawly:Robert Carpon,Rodrick:Devon Bostick and (a girl who is not in the book named Angie is:Cloe Martez

12. Cynthia

The books rock! The trailer for the movie is hilarious…so I think the movie is going to be a big success for kids and adults. I read the books and saw the trailer. The kid that plays Greg (Zachary Gordon)is adorable and does a great job as Greg in the trailer. No doubt this will be one of the big hits of this year.

13. Spice Monkey

Hey auditions online are such a great idea… They should do it with The 39 Clues too!!!!!! :)
    dying 2 get in that movie as Amy!;)

14. aimee94

i caint wait till the movie comes out i love the books so much there hillarious i hope there making girl auditions cuz im 11

15. Chrisya

Well, the books is very interesting. I’ve never read it before, but my friend said it’s a very good book. Even my school principal said that! what a great book! My friends are all reading that! I can’t wait to see the movies. (If I can). I’m really excited. If I can’t read the books, maybe I can watch the movie. ~Thankz all~.~May God bless u~.~ <- for the author ‘n all of the guys here!

16. Stephanie

This movie will rock! Great idea bringing the characters to life. The kid who is playing Greg is adorable……My whole family is going to see the movie when it comes out. Can’t wait till April, 2010. Hope they post more information on the movie as it gets closer to the release date.

17. BRITTNEY

i love the frist book its sooooooooooooooo funny!
    my favorit part is when:
    its halloween and the kids- greg,and rowley- there hing from the teens but they dont get wet by the teens they get wat from greg dad hehehehehehe i love the books!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Tatiana

OMG A movie I want to be in it i am a great actor,singer,and dancer.And I love diary of a wimpy kid i am a girl but so what i have all of the books but write it your own.

19. megan

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the books !!!!!!Im the bigst fan ever!!!!!!!!! I got 1 2 3 & 4 and the do it book!! I loooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee the books & the writer!!!!

20. zack

if anyone knows jeff the guy who writes these books tell him to make a book of diary of a wimpy kid called greg wing where rodrick is always trying to mess with him after he gets a coat and he always get lucky and never gets messed with

21. zack

i just got in to these books i luv them there so awsome i only have one of them and thats the third one id be glad if you could tell me stores that sell the boks for about 7 bucks so yea like i was saying ithink this booksc awsome becausethey never get old so yea i`ll blog more later on peace

22. jellybattle

i realy want to be rowly realy bad because gregs taken so i need to be rowly or i guess i have to bee fregly i do not want to be freagly i am going to scream realy bad so SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. jellybattle

I totaly want to adition for the movie and i want to get all the books but only have blue and green i have red but its a do it your self book i realy want the red and the yellow but my mom wont let me have them becasuse she said i have to many books
    ahhhhhhhhhh i want to scream so i will.
    sssssssscccccccrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmm

24. jellybattle

i so want to adition for the movie i am so going to get the 4 book diary of a wimpy kid dog days my friend has said it is a good book i totly want t be rowly or greg.

25. jellybattle

i love diary of a wimpy kid and now there is a new book out it;s yellow but now ther makeing a movie wow i hope i can act because i want to be greg

26. JUMPERDOODLE123

WOW Jeff YOU are the best book writer I got the dog days today!!! I already finished it it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

27. Madison

I LOVE IT!I hope i can be in it! If i dont make it, im still gonna watch it!
    I’ve always wanted to be a
    movie star!Heres my chance!
    Its even from the BEST SERIES I’VE EVER READ!

28. AlexR.C

oh my gosh i just can not believe they’re making a movie. I love reading these books and i just got book number four, it’s unbelievale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. Thomas

I THINK THAT THE ‘DIARY OF WIMPY KID’SERIES IS GREAT. ME AND MY BROTHER HAVE READ THE FIRST 3 BOOKS.WE THINK THAT JEFF KINNEY IS A GENIUS! I’M ON PAGE 87 OF ‘DIARY OF A WIMPY KID DOG DAYS’ AND I LOVE IT. I HOPE THE REST OF 2009 GOES FAST SO I CAN GET THE 5TH BOOK!

30. Miguel

I start it reading those books in 6 grade. And when i star it reading it was the same thing that was happening to me. This books are awsome and i like almost having the series of those books. And now i can’t wait to see the new movie. kids from outthere you should star reading cause it will make you laugh.

31. take

I loved all the books. I so am going to get the 4th book as soon as I go to a book store or something. I wish I could be in the movie because I really really really really really want to be in a movie

32. mariah and erin and meghan

we all like the book and cant wait to get the new book diary of a wimpy kid 4 we are going to read it when are teacher gets it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!`

33. analisa

i just got the book today and i love what i read already!i think they are going to make the movie realy funny.so i will tell u more when i finish the book.

34. Megan

OMG I love your books, I’m even making my own called: Dairy of a Wimpy Girl!! They are the best books ever!!

35. amanda

The voice for Greg in the trailer is so dumb you can tell its a man trying to make his voice sound like a seventh grade boy’s. The narrator voice sounds like the one on those dumb summertime movies. The books are good though but i only read it on funbrain and it shouldn’t be live action because the comics make it funny. =]

36. Katherine

AHHHHHH I CANT BELIVE THERE COMING OUT WITH A BOOK 4!!!! I LOVED READING THE OTHER ONES AND THERE ARE MAKING A MOVIE?! I WOULD LOVE TO BE IN IT!!!!! TELL ME WHEN ADIITIONS ARE!!! I LOVE DIARY OF A WIMPY KID!!! I HAVE ALL THE BOOKS!!! EVEN THE DO IT YOURSELF BOOK!!!! I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO BE IN THE MOVIE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37. commet 26#

hey i got the book diary of wimpy kid the last straw the day it came out and it waz awsome yo if ya wanna go to more jef kinney websites go on poptropica peace!

38. Alexis

OMG! I CANT BELIVE THAT THERES A MOVIE! THERES A PERSON IN MY SCHOOL WHO GOT A OART IN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SERIOUS. NO LIENG!!!!!!

39. Stephanie

I love this book and I found out that Zachary Gordon is playing the leading role of Greg Heffley in the Movie. He is so adorable and perfect for Greg. I can’t wait to see the movie it’s going to be great! All my girlfriends are excited too.

40. antoinete

i ove ur books their amazing.wanna hear sumthing funny i dint kno at 1st that it waz a seris so i went 2 target and graped and book and when i got home i toke iy out 2 start reading it and it said”diary of a wimpy kid #3″ and im ike wut the heck.so the next time i go 2 target i get book 1 and i bought book#1 in the beginning of agust and im almost done w/ it.i need the 2end book then im gonna have 2 read book #3 agian.i CANT wait untill the movie comes out.and when book 4 and 5 comes out.and how did u think bout writing this books.when i gwt older i kno wut i wanna do either write books ike u or b a teacher(middle school teacher)

41. Miloshlomo

Brendan,
    your post was very good-helpful and imformative!
    Thanks to u, my sis (an actually very talented and somewhat trained middle-aged actress)is gonna audition! I’m REALLY excited for her! I wish you good luck, and all the rest of u greg-wannabes!

42. lambo

this movie is gonna be the boooooooooommmmmmmm ssssssssoooooooooooooo coool im going to get the do it yourself and the fourth when it comes out

43. biggest fan of "diary of a wimpy kid" series

I almost fainted when I found out that they are make a film of the best series ever. I have read every book there is of it and I have a actor for a dad so I have a good chance of being Greg Heffley.

44. jeffery

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooo waaay ihope the do all 4 no probaly just the first 3

45. Dorianha

I am an extra in the movie! I am a girl, my name is Dorianha, I have blues eyes, really short blonde/brown hair, and I am sort of fat. Look for me! Oh, and I am playing a 6th grader (probably).

46. Tayler

so cool, wanna be holly hills I mean they don’t descrie her or anything plus I want to be an actress when i grow up!!!
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

47. Aliya

If a movie comes out, i would so see it, ive read the diary of a wimpy kid series like 20 times already. If they have auditions i would try out!

48. mason

I want to know who made the part of
    Gregor Heffly in the movie. BYW ( By the way ) the trailer sucks!!!!!!

49. Gregs#1Fan

I love his books even though I am a girl he is so funny too. I have read all the books I am going in Middle School Too!

50. sammy

this is so awesome. if i acted in this movie id be popular, if that was possible. T~T >_< (>-.-)> <(^.^<)

51. justice

i am wantin 2 see the movie so MUCH but they need 2 animated i really didnt care 4 the trailer but the books rocks

52. hello kitty gurl

i luv the books! Greg is gonna b my b-friend one day watch! i,m soo gonna go see the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

53. illyana

This is the best book that i have ever read!I think that every kid in the world should read this book.Mostly all of them.Im your biggest fan i have all of your books and to all of the kids that have those books you are luky.So be glad that you have at leat one of the books.Just like every one else.

54. king

all have all the books my dad works for jeff kinney and igot the 2 last books diary of a wimpy kid 4 and 5they both are very good books #4 was a bout gregs summer vacation and #5 is about his last year of middle school but i cant tell the rest u have 2 read your self
    and the made a copy of the movie and i got 2 see it.it was a good movie but this isnt the real copy with the real casting crew i will speak with u later

55. marley=)

I think the movie will be great. Im not anywhere near Holly Wood, but I think I would be a great side charactor! And yes, I think the trailer they had at the beginning was bad. I hate it when they have adults pretending to be us kidz/teens. My friends say i would make a great Holly Hills, but Im not into girly pink stuff.

56. 17 spartan

aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwsssssssssoooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmeeeeee i llllllllllllllloooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee the books.

57. hitman

book 2 is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

58. hikarikh

I wonder what thats going to be like. The book should just be a book not a movie. Books like Harry Potter are meant to be movies but not diary of a wimpy kid. I say lame idea.

59. joshua

i did diary of a wimpy kid movie audition and i got 100% on greg so you will see me on the movie.

60. Laura

Can girls post an audition tape if we want a GIRL PART? I mean, a guy can’t play Holly, can he? So, I’m just wondering if we’re allowed, despite being a girl.

61. bella

u guys should animate it cuz it will be better as a cartoon than casting real people , P.S i love the book dont stop at the 5th book

62. Elizabeth

i LOVE jeff’s books i think that they are amusing sometimes when i’m board i’ll read them to my dog, Shikira, i know it sounds like i’m weird, but i am.and i’m proud of it. i am sooooo exited about the movie i know im going to love them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

63. tommo

I’ve only read Rodrick Rules and It was….awesome. So I’m gueesing that the other ones are going to be tottally mad. Can’t wait for the 4th one to come out.!!

64. trevor

i tried out for the part and im going to get the part im 10 and im not overly cute i have all the books includeing the do it yourself book and i noticed they only post the bad auditoins

65. George

christina’s and sahel’s comments are true. And I have a felling the movie trailer will be about 30 times better. And if I get the part, then it will be 40 times better

66. jerrie

i love diary of a wimpy kid! i have read all the books and am definitley going to see the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

67. jody

OMG!!!! I luv Diary of a wimpy kid! It is so hilarious! I can’t to see the movie. I would faint if I was in a movie… I mean how cool is that?

68. noe

im so am wimpy kid FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but one my com wont let me watch the video (trailer) so yeah i read all the books except i have not make ur own book
    so i really like the books in school i got 100% on the AR tests and one thing IM NOT A NERD FOR GETTING 100%’s

69. amanda

well not all the tapes are on the website, also I believe that girls need to have their agents submit their headshot/resume and go through the casting process.

70. alexandra

thats so cool how they are going to make a movie!!!!! but i recondmend the movie being animated, because its going to be way cooler than REAL ACTORS!!! And since they’er going to make a movie out of a book, animation will make the movie feel like the book.
    so who ever is reading this, you have to agree with me about this, so bye!!!=]

71. Veronica

Hey!! This movie kinda is stupid I think they should make the voice more of a kid sound. Otherwise they shouldn’t make it.

72. cody

cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73. brandon

I have all the dirary of a wimpy kid books. I would like to try out for the part of Rowley. He always getting into carazy things with Greg but I don’t want to be a nurse. I might want to be Fregley becouse he is funny.

74. Eli

:) ah! i can’t wait!!!! is it gonna be animation or live action? its not gonna be a narrator reading the book or pictures of the book with a voiceover, right?

75. bryann

there better be a girl part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i <3 the books

76. Perry

Lisen,I know some peple LOVE this book, BUT I LOVE IT THE MOST I want to be the first one to see it . It’s the most AWSOMEST book I’v ever read.

77. Sam Popperknocker

Hey guys i was just wondering if there was a female casting part for Holly Hills. I read all of the wimpy kid books and i LOVE THEM!!!! If you guys could just let me know that would be great! thanks and best of luck guys!!!

78. Brianna

I wish there where a girl part! I mean come on are you serious?! I wanted to become a kid actress all my life and I finally get the chance and and… I cant go on. You no what yes I can, but I wont. That was my audition hope you liked it. Thank you Thank you just wait till im famus!

79. Danielle D

i red the book it is awesome yo if u haven’t red it then your missing out on all the fun so go get u a book and start reading that bad boy!

80. Brendan

Hey im going to audition for the part of greg heffley and i think i have a pretty good chance of getting the part and im like 99 percent sure they’ll be casting girls because a guy couldn’t play holly.and also if you wanna see all the info on this movie search diary of a wimpy kid imdb.I read on there that some kid is rumored to be playing the part of greg but thats not true cuz i checked the wimpy kid website and i didnt see his tape and that pretty much is it!

81. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I love your books their AWESOME! what color is the next book going to be

82. Mercy

I’m so excited to see the movie! I don’t see why they would cast girls, unless they’re casting for parts besides Greg that I don’t know about. Anyway, I sent in an audition tape despite being a girl. He he he….

83. GTG

I can’t wait till diary of a wimpy kid 4 comes out. I really enjoyed all of Diary of a Wimpay Kid books so far. I loved the do it yourself book a lot a lot. These books are funny and entertaining. They’re the best books ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

84. vballchick8771

I love those books!!
    I heard they just came out with a new one!
    I think the cover of it is lime green!….i really want to read it!….i also want to do the do it yourself book!
    i love doing stuff like that!
    that would be awesome!
    they need to make a movie!
    he is funny!
    and so is the author!
    ttyl

85. PugHugs

Are you kidding me? It’s live-action? In my opinion, that’s going to pretty much ruin it, since what I liked best about the book was the writing style and the little comics/drawings. They should just do the movie animated, in the drawing style… this sounds just like another middle school drama that’s trying desperately for laughs. >_<

86. 99chocolatemint

I wish the main character was a girl. I really want to become a kid actor, especially for my favourite series, Diary of a Wimpy Kid. My mom’s an actor and I want to be just like her except I want to do it when I’m a kid.

87. Nirvanaa

Wait, there making it into a movie, or a series. And are the doing all 3 books in one movie, or one book in one movie…?