January 14, 2009

The Hunger Games Soundtrack!

Posted by at 8:36 pm in Book to Big Screen, Music | Permalink

Hungergames_130 Due to the amazing response from you guys about the dream cast for a Hunger Games movie, I thought to myself, “What’s a movie without a soundtrack?” After my previous entries, Allie Finkle soundtrack and How I Survived Middle School soundtrack, I realized that a Hunger Games soundtrack would have to go in a completely different direction of music. And though I enjoy pop music, for this soundtrack to be true to the book/movie, I’d have to scrap Miley, Taylor, Carrie, David, and the Jo Bros from the list for more alternative music and some less well-known bands.

Now if only someone or some group would write a song based off of the hook on The Hunger Games book cover: “Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone fighting against you?”

Vampire Weekend_51exXgX0+oL._SS500_Carly M.’s picks for the The Hunger Games soundtrack:

“Do The Panic” – Phantom Planet
“D Is For Dangerous” – Arctic Monkeys
“Let the Flames Begin” – Paramore
“The Kids Don’t Stand A Chance” – Vampire Weekend
Duffy _51xNrzL-+lL._SS400_ “Viva La Vida” – Coldplay
“Mercy” – Duffy
“We Belong Together” – Gavin Degraw
“One Foot Wrong” – Pink
“We’ve Got A Big Mess On Our Hands” – The Academy Is . . .
“Push & Pull” – Nikka Costa
Coldplay _7090171“This Is Our Town” – We the Kings
“Fate” – Lydia
“Rise From The Ashes” – Quietdrive
“When I’m Gone” – 3 Doors Down

Also, take a look at Carly H.’s Hunger Games soundtrack.

— Carly M., STACKS Staffer

1. Malorie

i think Won’t Let Go by Rascal Flatts would describe Katniss and Prim’s relationship. “I will fight your fight”, would be the best part to describe it.

2. Erin

I think Fences by Paramore is perfect because it says how its obvious that, they are dying and the cameras are, lying and “you’ll go out in style”!

3. Dani

Oh my god! Lol there is one perfect and I mean PERFECT song for the soundtrack that they missed! Fences by Paramore! It is unbelievably accurate with Katnis situation! I can’t believe you didn’t even put that on there! Hear it and you’ll see!

4. Emma

For the mockingjay movie, i would suggest the song vanilla twilight by owl city. This would be a great song to be played when katniss is missing peeta

5. Chloe

Long Live by Taylor Swift reminded me of all three books so I think they should definately insert that song in the last one when they’re looking back, or for the trailer its so good!

6. Stephanie

I think the perfect song would be Set Fire to the Rain by Adele. Too bad they made the movie before the song came out. Hopefully it will be in Catchong Fire <3

7. Hazel

Safe and sound Taylor Swift
    Haunted Taylor Swift
    Change Taylor Swift
    Long live Taylor Swift
    I think these should be perfect. Safe and sound is already going to be not there, and I think it would be great for katniss and peeta in the cave. Haunted would fit nearly all the parts. Change would be good playing in the background right before they go in because everything is going to change right there. And long live, for when they come out of the arena winners.

8. magic-esi

Oh, come on, those songs are hardly unheard of. Although I only know songs from the radio…
    Hmmmmm… “Everything You Want” by Vertical Horizon. I listen to that while writing battle scenes…
    “Whisper” by Evanescence
    “Cracks” by the Freestylers
    Yeah, three songs, that’s all…
    Also, any idea when the Write It boards will be back up? :)

9. Twinktoes87

Love it! I saw online, THAT TAYLOR SWIFT RECORDED A SINGLE FOR THE OFICIAL SOUNDTRACK, AHHHH!!!
    Also, the theme song for the rebellion is Uprising by Muse, no doubt.

10. Keshia

This soundtrack is missing “If I Die Young” by the Band Parry. Everytime I listen to that song I think of the Hunger Games.

11. H

All We Are by OneRepublic. It’s absolutely perfect for Peeta’s perspective.
    Make sure it’s the album version though, some edits absolutely stink.

12. bailey

the perfect song for hunger games is “dog days are over” by florence and the machine. in this one part it says “run fast for your mother run fast for your father run for children and your sister & brother” another part says “leave all your love & loving behind you, can’t carry it with you if you want to survive” the song is absolutley PERFECT for Hunger Games. & so is the song “arms” by christina perri for the scene in the cave whenevere they kiss and he conforts her. another good song is “good life” by one republic as sarcasm in one of the funny scenes. i wish these would’ve goten used :( only a few on the sound trackactually relate, but whatever, i cannot WAIT for the movie this march!!!!!! :)

13. Cheri

Okay, I heard a song from Katie Perry that really fits the story. It’s called Who Am I Living For on Teenage Dream. I know she is pop, but this song is not.