January 7, 2009

Guardians of Ga’hoole: Finally a Movie!

Hey all you Guardians of Ga’hoole fans. You’re reading that headline right. The Guardians of Ga’hoole series by Kathryn Lasky is being made into a movie!

It’s going to be an animated film, made by the same people who did Happy Feet. The movie will encompass the story in the first three books. And just announced over the weekend: now we know who’ll be doing some of the voices!

Actor Ryan Kwanten will be the voice of Soren. Hugh Jackman (whom I love as Wolverine in the X-Men movies!) and Hugo Weaving will also be joining Ryan Kwanten to voice characters in the movie. But I can’t find who they’re voicing! Hugo Weaving’s played a lot of older, ruler-type characters like Elrond in the Lord of the Rings movies and Noah the Elder in Happy Feet. So maybe he’ll fill a similar role and voice Ezylryb in this movie. Then again, maybe not.

In this case, your guess is as good as mine. So I want to hear your guesses! Which characters do you think Hugh Jackman and Hugo Weaving will be voicing?

— Carly H., STACKS Staffer

UPDATE 5/5/10: Check out the movie trailer. It looks AWESOME!

UPDATE 11/19/09: Sorry, it’s not an update about the movie, but I thought you might want to know about Kathryn Lasky’s newest series, The Wolves of the Beyond. Here’s a Sneak Peek!

1. Kritters

OMG!!! I can’t wait. I am sooooooo excited about this movie. I absolutely love the Guardians of Ga’Hoole series. It is going to be Awesome to see what I have imagined brought to the big screen, and in 3-D, even better!!!

2. =)

OMG the movie come out soon! Im gunaa go see it then! Its going to be awsome! But if its bad im going to be soooo mad!

3. Emma

I can’t wait to see the movie! I remember i read Exile, # 14 I think, in 2nd grade and it was too hard for me…it took me like 2 months to read it. I liked it even though i didn’t understand it, though! :-) Oh well, i better buy some of the books and reread them!

4. jessi

i think hugh jackman will be twilight because twilight is a tough guy and hugh is wolverine so he can talk tough. and he can sing! (remember the oscars a year ago) so he’ll be able to sing twilight’s chants

5. Wildtruth

Im starting this series, i had 1,2,5, + 6. I bought 3 + 4. The books remind me of Warrior cats (a little). These books are my 2nd fav! I love owls two!!! Im saving more money so I can buy all the other books! I cant wait for the movie and ur other books to come out! My two fav author’s r going to have two series out! YES!

6. Ash

I’ve been collecting these books since i was 8 years old, and I’m 17 now. I always knew they’d make a movie! It’s just too good of a book series!

7. Katie

I got my mom into this series, and I can’t wait!!! does anyone know what month its coming out? I hope its not decemeber. I love coryn and all of the gaurdians! yay!

8. steven

i don’t care who is who’s voice as long as it is awesome and, like lex said, isn’t like the confounded Twilight movies.

9. Coryn

I wonder when the movie will be out? I’m sure my uncle Soren will be trilled to hear he is in a movie!
    The King,
    Coryn

10. Shannon

I read a description online, and it sounds like they have it all wrong. From what the overview said, in the movie Soren and Kludd will be kidnapped by the Pure Ones.