January 7, 2009

Guardians of Ga’hoole: Finally a Movie!

Posted by at 6:10 am in Book to Big Screen, Reads | Permalink

Hey all you Guardians of Ga’hoole fans. You’re reading that headline right. The Guardians of Ga’hoole series by Kathryn Lasky is being made into a movie!

It’s going to be an animated film, made by the same people who did Happy Feet. The movie will encompass the story in the first three books. And just announced over the weekend: now we know who’ll be doing some of the voices!

Actor Ryan Kwanten will be the voice of Soren. Hugh Jackman (whom I love as Wolverine in the X-Men movies!) and Hugo Weaving will also be joining Ryan Kwanten to voice characters in the movie. But I can’t find who they’re voicing! Hugo Weaving’s played a lot of older, ruler-type characters like Elrond in the Lord of the Rings movies and Noah the Elder in Happy Feet. So maybe he’ll fill a similar role and voice Ezylryb in this movie. Then again, maybe not.

In this case, your guess is as good as mine. So I want to hear your guesses! Which characters do you think Hugh Jackman and Hugo Weaving will be voicing?

— Carly H., STACKS Staffer

UPDATE 5/5/10: Check out the movie trailer. It looks AWESOME!

UPDATE 11/19/09: Sorry, it’s not an update about the movie, but I thought you might want to know about Kathryn Lasky’s newest series, The Wolves of the Beyond. Here’s a Sneak Peek!

1. joey

great glaux in in glamora this is big i mean finaly a movie I LOVE THIS SERIES FROM 1 TO 15 seriously amazing this is my top favorite series in all the owl kingdomes in the world yay RACDROPS i cant wait for it to come out soooooooo lets party i’m allready on a major pellet yarping spree lately… just fom the exitement go great ga’hoole tree yesss you all rock n’ roll congradulatones cathryn lasky for such a great series HOORAY

2. joey screech owl

yes finaly a movie racdrops this is awsome great glaux i think my gizzards about to burst from exitement woops her goes a pellet yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay a movie you rock kludd

3. joey

oh yeah i love the books this is great i love it so much i even hope that its going to have a little stuffed animal too thou the stories ar really sad

4. Lauren

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m just crazy for these books (i a HUGE book lover) MY fav animal is even an Owl i can’t wait for the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they sould of made this movie a long time ago and I don’t know who they should play as it’s hard to choose.

5. russel

oh wow a moive yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

6. noah

i don’t know any of the actors that are listed, but i think that soren’s, gylfies, digger’s, and twilight’s voices should be voiced by young people. it wouldn’t sound right for an adult’s voice to come out of an owlet’s beak, but i am VERY exited for the movie!!!

7. kaylee

im so happy their making a move im on book 11 and after im done with the series im gonna need to find a good owl series yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go owls.

8. obiwancrazy

I promise everyone that I will NOT go see this movie! I don’t like the books. I would only see it if Ewan McGregor was a voice.

9. YARP A PELLET HEAD

this is so radical! finally the nember one hit song called In a Can is a movie! its coming out in 2010! Its about, well, stuff in a can!

10. jennica

COOL! I have read all the books and now their making a MOVIE!!?? I hope there are NO changes between the book and the movie or it’ll be a total wreck,but if they do add a few things, like showing the part when Soren and Pelli met, I think the movie wil be GREAT.

11. nolan

I love this series, i wish they included the first 4 books in the movie although that means they would make less movies (if they are going to make more… hopefully)

12. Skyst

Actually, I don’t know who Hugh Jackman is voicing, but if anyone has watched Star Wars, the guy who played Captain Typho is voicing Twilight!

13. michael

P.S. I know all the swears! Racdrops sprink put a mouse in it hagsmere and all that! Boi-oi-oi-oi-oi-oi-oing

14. michael

I dont know who’ll do voicing but this is going to be great. I love the series and I’ve been looking around my shcool for the 14 and 15 but no luck. I could name all the charactors in the books that I know! Soren Kludd Gylfie Noctus Marilla Twilight Eglantine Mrs. Plithiver Digger Skench Spoorn Ezylryb Octavia Bubo Jutt Jatt Bell[right?] theres too many to name!

15. Lauren

YAY!I LOVE THE BOOKS AND IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE AT LEAST ONE OF MY FAVORITE SERIES BE MADE INTO A ANIMATED MOVIE!(now all i have to do is warriors movie :) )

16. :]Peace:]

OMG!!! I can not believe it!!!! I am reading the series and I luv it!!!! When is the movie coming out???!!!!

17. Buzz_Orchid

I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!! My favorite character is Otulissa,she is really cool.I can’t wait to see the movie.

18. Owlet

I loved this series and have totally been waiting for the movie and it’s finally here!!! I can’t wait!

19. sarah

im really excited for this! my favourite book was the first book! i think Hugo will probs play Ezylyrb and maybe Hugh might play Boron. i have no clue!

20. Fantasy Girl

The actors and their respective characters have not yet been identified on certain movie websites. In fact, Jim Sturgess is sure to play one of the MAIN characters and most probably will be Soren. At least that’s what the rumor mill is saying.