January 7, 2009

Guardians of Ga’hoole: Finally a Movie!

Hey all you Guardians of Ga’hoole fans. You’re reading that headline right. The Guardians of Ga’hoole series by Kathryn Lasky is being made into a movie!

It’s going to be an animated film, made by the same people who did Happy Feet. The movie will encompass the story in the first three books. And just announced over the weekend: now we know who’ll be doing some of the voices!

Actor Ryan Kwanten will be the voice of Soren. Hugh Jackman (whom I love as Wolverine in the X-Men movies!) and Hugo Weaving will also be joining Ryan Kwanten to voice characters in the movie. But I can’t find who they’re voicing! Hugo Weaving’s played a lot of older, ruler-type characters like Elrond in the Lord of the Rings movies and Noah the Elder in Happy Feet. So maybe he’ll fill a similar role and voice Ezylryb in this movie. Then again, maybe not.

In this case, your guess is as good as mine. So I want to hear your guesses! Which characters do you think Hugh Jackman and Hugo Weaving will be voicing?

— Carly H., STACKS Staffer

UPDATE 5/5/10: Check out the movie trailer. It looks AWESOME!

UPDATE 11/19/09: Sorry, it’s not an update about the movie, but I thought you might want to know about Kathryn Lasky’s newest series, The Wolves of the Beyond. Here’s a Sneak Peek!

1. Sally

i absolutly LOVE the Guardians of Ga’Hoole series! i am currently on book 10 but i also read the Guide book to the Great Tree :) these books are soooo worth making a movie! i bet it will be the best movie ever! does anyone know when it comes out?

2. Evan

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This movie will be soooooo awesome. Btw, after seeing the x-men, i think Hugh Jackman will play twilight, too! Ga’Hoole Rulez!!!

3. C.C.-18

I think that the movie will be great or i hope so!!!!!! i am all most done with 15 its so exciting!!!!! hope the movie would come out sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Lyze of Kiel (Ezylryb)

Soren Twilight Gylfie Digger was was was his pushed alone taken family out of since from was the the her killed. nest. start. nest.

5. crazymonkeymadness

this is going to be AWESOME!!! but i wish that i can finish the whole series i am so annoyed right now that im only on the 6th book. THIS WILL BE TOTTALY WICKED!!! I love this series

6. isabel

only the first three books?
    i hope theymake more movies! its an awesome series. it would have plenty of stuff to put in the movies! i can not waitfor the movie trailer! :D :D !!!!!!!!

7. Lyze

I was expecting this movie to be a total knockout with computer animation(which I’d prefer) or at least live action! But the creators of Happy Feet? Racdrops . . . if they even think of turning this series into some cheesy animation film; holy Glaux in glamora, they might as well chuck the whole thing into the sea of Hoolemere and I’d yarp a pellet on it for good measure!
    Please exuse my language. But I’m still really exited! But if they make a movie, they’d better make it right!

8. animeyasha66

yes finilly i’ve bin hering that theres doing 2 b a move but i thought it was just a rumer… i’m a huge fan i have all 15 books, and the gide book(i found some mastakes in) and read and anilized all of them

9. lofk

oh my gluax this will be great.i can’t wait till the band hit the big screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Maxwell

oh, man! i love the series! (p.s i already read all the books. to prove it.. there is 15 and the last is The War of The Ember.)
    can’t wait for the movie!

11. tanner

Oh my gosh a gardians of ga’hoole movie I can’t wait to see it but it frinks me off that I haven’t finished the series I’m on the fourth book

12. alex

OMG! During all the time that I have knew that the Guardians of Ga’Hoole exsited, I have dreamed of a movie! Now here it is right before my eyes! I think that Hugh Jackmen is Twilight. . . It’s good for him. I think that you are right about Ezylryb. I heard the date, too! I think that it will come out on September 10, 2010. It may not be the 10th, but I know that it is in September, 2010.SO EXCITED!

13. alexa

I REALLY LOVE THE SERIES!!!! i mean, that is the bestest book i have ever read in my whole life!!!!

14. owlizabeth

I love all of these books and I just about had a heart attack when I heard about the movie!!!! Go soren!!

15. lorrie

i love this series SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH,i definetely can’t wait for the movie because i started them this year and they are TOTALLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!i love gylfie and soren,they’re good friends!

16. Melissa

Guardians of Ga’Hoole is the best book series ever! My fav character is Gylfie because she is intelligent and thoughtful. I can’t believe Zack Snyder is the director of this movie! :-)