The 39 Clues Gordon Korman Webcast Highlights
How awesome was that webcast? (So awesome!)
I was taking notes on a borrowed laptop and saving it to a borrowed flash drive, which didn't go so well, so if you want a full play-by-play, you'd be better off watching the archived video.
But if you want the highlights, here's what stood out to me — all exactly as I remember it:
- Whoopi Goldberg thinks Grace Cahill's hat is cute.
- Gordon's username on the39clues.com is GKAmadeus.
- Gordon is a member of the Janus branch.
- Gordon and his son are from different Cahill branches.
- Gordon is scared of the Lucian branch because they're sneaky spies.
- Kids from over 100 countries have already joined the quest to discover the secret of the Cahill family's power.
- The clues are being kept top-secret. The clue for Book 2 was delivered to Gordon's house in the middle of the night in an unmarked, black envelope. Gordon never saw the face of the person who delivered it. He's not even sure the messenger was entirely human!
- One of the special cards reveals that Hope Cahill, Amy and Dan's mother, had a chip with one of the clues implanted in her arm.
- Book 2 is about Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and his sister.
- Mozart loved potty humor. Once, when he quit his job, he told his old boss to use his contract for toilet paper.
- Mozart's sister, Nannerl, was just as musically talented as Mozart.
- Despite being the most notorious musician of his age, Mozart died broke. What was he spending his money on? Gordon thinks he was searching for the 39 clues!
- Since Mozart died poor, he was buried in an unmarked pauper's grave. To this day, no one knows where he was buried.
- Gordon's favorite character to write is Jonah Wizard because of his dialogue. Gordon thinks every character has a dialogue "fingerprint," meaning that the way each character speaks is completely unique. Jonah's boneheaded, teen mogul speech is Gordon's favorite.
- At the end, someone jumped on stage. It turned out to be Peter Lerangis, who is the author of Book 3. It's coming out in March. The title of Book 3 is The Sword Thief. The cover is red, with swords and ninja stars!
What did I miss? What was your favorite part?
And check back tomorrow for some behind-the-scenes pics from the webcast control room!
— Carly H., STACKS Staffer