Media: My Ho-Ho-Holiday Faves
As the holidays roll around, it seems I'm constantly making lists. Things to do, gifts to buy, parties to go to (okay, THAT list isn't too long), and I figured: why not have some fun with my list-making obsession and apply it to one of my favorite things . . .TV? So I've made my list and checked it twice — here are my favorite holiday TV specials and movies.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Cartoon Network, Dec. 17 at 8:00 p.m.)
- A Christmas Story (ABC Family (TNT, Dec. 3, 8:00 p.m. and TBS marathon all Christmas day)
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town (ABC Family, Dec. 10, 8:00 p.m.)
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (ABC Family, Dec. 15, 7:00 p.m. and various repeats)
- 8 Crazy Nights (MTV, Dec. 5, 9:30 a.m. and various repeats)
- Elf (USA, Dec. 13, 5:00 p.m. and various repeats)
- Polar Express (ABC Family, Dec. 22, 8:30 p.m. and various repeats)
- Home Alone (FX, Dec. 8, 6:00 p.m. and various repeats)
- Frosty the Snowman (CBS, Dec. 12, 8:00 p.m.)
- Miracle on 34th Street (HBO Family, Dec. 24, 7:00 p.m. and various throughout December)
*BONUS* Rankin Bass' The Year Without a Santa Claus is a bonus fave, and I just found out ABC Family is going to have a brand NEW Heat Miser/ Cold Miser Christmas special Dec.13, 8pm. So although it hasn't aired yet, I think this one is going to go on next year's list. Check out the sneak peek on ABC Family's website!
Now all I need is a mug of hot chocolate and my remote control. What about you? What shows or specials would make your list?
— Ratha, STACKS Writer