November 6, 2008

Miranda Cosgrove Read From Allie Finkle!

Posted by at 7:06 pm in Celebrities, Reads | Permalink

Yesterday I learned that I’m very similar to Miranda Cosgrove, the star of Nickelodeon’s iCarly. No, I don’t act on a hit TV show. No, I haven’t been in movies alongside big names like Jack Black. No, I don’t lead a life of glitz and glamor. And saddest of all, no, I’m not on a first-name basis with Drake and Josh . . . Okay, fine, I’m not similar to Miranda Cosgrove at all. But I really did discover one thing that we have in common: we both love Meg Cabot’s series Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls!

How do I know? Because Miranda visited the Scholastic Store in SoHo, NYC, to do a reading — and out of all the books in the world that she could read from, she picked Moving Day, the first installment in the Allie Finkle series!

Miranda chose two of her favorite chapters to read: Chapter 4 (“Brothers — and Parents — Can Be Very Insensitive”) and Chapter 11 (“When You Finally Figure Out What the Right Thing to Do Is, You Have to Do It, Even If You Don’t Want To”). Check out this video of Miranda reading Chapter 4.

After the reading, Miranda stuck around to meet give out autographed photos. At one point, Miranda even signed a little girl’s backpack — I bet I know what that particular fan is bringing in for her next show-and-tell at school!

When Carly H. and I left, there was still a HUGE line of parents and kids waiting to meet Miranda. I hope they didn’t keep Miranda at the store for too long — because she’s got to jet to Japan this weekend! Or, at least, her character on iCarly does. Don’t know what I’m talking about? Well, then you obviously don’t watch as much TV as I do! To get you caught up, here’s the trailer for iGo to Japan.

Are you planning to watch? Why not grab a copy of Allie Finkle to read while you’re waiting? Because we can’t all be teen sensations like Miranda Cosgrove, but at least we can read like she does . . .

— Karen, STACKS Staffer

1. quanika

hi I’m quanika and I’m a huge fan of you to I wish that I could meet you in person I love you Miranda cosgrove your cool nice funny I love your shows to love quanika.

2. PeaceChica

OMG! That’s so cool that she did that i wonder wat book she was reading out of………I am on stage fright and so yeah……
    Peace out hippies!!!

3. Ana35

Miranda Cosgrove, iCarly, Allie Finkle, where can i start i love Miranda Cosgorve she roks and iCarly roks and Allie FInkle roks too i cant beleve their all awsome srry i m just hyped up well GOOOD BYE

4. Ana35

I love Miranda and Miley but ill have to say SELENA GOMAZ ROKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. bumblebug

OMG!!!! THEY R SUPER LUCKY THAT THEY MEET HER! I AM SUPER JEALOUS!!!!! I WISH I DID I DID MEET HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGGGGGGG!!!!

6. Essence

I feel the same way Kristen nobody ever comes where I live either. I mean Miley came and the Cheetah girls. They really don’t have anybody that I really really like. Don’t get me wrong I love Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, and the Cheetah Girls.

7. Kirstin

I love Miranda and wish I could meet her but all the celebritys don’t care where I live because all the celebritys go to NY or CA or PA or LA but no I live NC. North Carolina baby!

8. emily

look people you guys have to learn something it dosent matter if you like hannah montana and maranda cosgrove so like the both

9. CLARE

you are so cool for doing this so do you follow them have you made a book of rules or not i want to be like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. CLARE

YOU ARE AWESOME SO KEWL I LOV U SO KOOL THAT U ARE DOIN THIS SO I LOV U FUN FUN HOW MUCH DO U LIKE ALLIE FINKLES RULES FOR GIRLS DO U FOLLOW THEM SO I AM SO GLAD YOU READ THEM SO KEWL I AM EXCITED!!!!!!!

11. CLARE

hey i LOVE U! YOU ARE AWESOME! YOU ARE KOOL TO DO THIS SO KEWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Bella

I wish I was there because I love Miranda and her show and she was reading my favorite book and one of the chapters that I think is funny too.

13. Esther

I love this book!
    And it is SOOO unbelievab;e that Miranda Cosgrove read this aloud and signed pictures!
    It’s so nice!

14. Kelli

I love this book ! Moveing day is the first one I ever read, well its all I read so far but oh well! I’m gonna read all of them!And I just read It LOL! And I love ICarly Exspecialy Miranda! I can’t belive she read’s these!!!!!!!!

15. meghan249

OMG!ANy chance she’s going to come to California to do the same thing?She is so cool.Plus, the most popular girl in my school only got Mitchel Musso’s autograph!!!.
    The all in that sentence was not needed cause he’s awesome.But now they don’t like Hannah Montana but their new love is Miranda Cosgrove.