A lot of my friends love to read, but one especially (let’s call her “M”) likes almost exactly the same kind of books I love to read. M is my book-swapping buddy — whenever I go visit her, we usually trade 2–3 books, along with our reviews. Sometimes the books traded are never read, but they have definitely traveled around America!
So, here are some of my PROS & CONS on sharing books:
1. I spend less money buying new books.
2. A few less trips to the library, a few more trips to visit a friend!
3. Each book comes with a friend’s review, which always helps.
4. Something MORE to talk about — in case we run out of steam on boys, movies, TV, and everything else!
1. When I REAALLLLY want to re-read a book all of sudden, it’s . . . potentially 5,000+ miles away.
2. Brandi asked to borrow one of my books, which I unfortunately forgot that M had — so I turned my room upside looking for it before I realized I no longer owned it. Now my room looks like a tornado hit it. (But to be honest, it’s like that all the time . . . 0_o)
So, the PROS clearly outweigh the CONS. What book have to shared with a friend lately? Any you would recommend to me?
— Nancy, STACKS Staffer