September 19, 2008

Inkheart Movie Poster!

Posted by at 4:15 am in Book to Big Screen, Sneak Peek | Permalink

As Carly mentioned in her entry last week, the film adaptation of Cornelia Funke‘s Inkheart is set for release on January 23, 2009.

Can’t wait until then? Well, here’s a special treat to tide you over: the official movie poster!

Inkheart_poster_2

(click on the image above for a larger view)

We got the poster directly from Warner Brothers to share with you and only you — no one else in the world gets their paws on this until tomorrow, so don’t say we never did anything for you. :-)

— Karen, STACKS Staffer

1. nayapya

i just love the movie INKHEART ITS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. iluvdavidcook

The guy who’s playing Capricorn is the same guy who played Gollum/Smeagol in “The Lord of the Rings” movies! Go Andy Serkis!!! :)

3. Kate

I read the book about 4 times, but i hvent read the next 2. but there are a few things that are too diffrent. but its still going to be great. OMG i cant wait!!!!!!!

4. k

I love Inkheart and inkspell (I still need to to get Inkdeath)
    And i love them very much they are so good!
    I have been waiting for this movie to come out for a while now. I’m glad their is finally a release date for it!
    The poster looks great!

5. NiCkJoNaSiSmInE

yay. so excited. yayayayayayayaya!!!!!!!!! yessssssssssssssssssssssss totally awesome dustfinger looks just like i imagined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. BeccaMonkey987

Cool!! Some of the characters aren’t at all how I imagined them in the books, but I can’t wait for the movie!

7. Raven

OMG!!! That’s so beautiful!! I love it soooo much! W-o-w!! I can’t WAIT for the movie! I’m so happy, the actors are pretty much how I imagined the characters! Except for Rafi Gavron, he’s nothing like I imagined Farid. Oh well.

8. Rita

Finally! Is it coming out sooner than Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? I was furious when I learned the movie was pushed back several months! Though I’ll admit, when I read the part about *spoilers* Dumbledore and Harry getting one of the Hocruxes and being attacked by the dead people in the lake, I shivered at the thought of seeing it in a movie…but those were shivers of excitement!

9. avidreader (appleshopper)

everything looks soooo cool!!
    but ure right about farid.. i expected him to look better…. 2 bad i am going 2 watch the movie NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
    YEAH!!!!!