September 19, 2008

Inkheart Movie Poster!

As Carly mentioned in her entry last week, the film adaptation of Cornelia Funke‘s Inkheart is set for release on January 23, 2009.

Can’t wait until then? Well, here’s a special treat to tide you over: the official movie poster!

Inkheart_poster_2

(click on the image above for a larger view)

We got the poster directly from Warner Brothers to share with you and only you — no one else in the world gets their paws on this until tomorrow, so don’t say we never did anything for you. :-)

— Karen, STACKS Staffer

1. nayapya

i just love the movie INKHEART ITS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. iluvdavidcook

The guy who’s playing Capricorn is the same guy who played Gollum/Smeagol in “The Lord of the Rings” movies! Go Andy Serkis!!! :)

3. Kate

I read the book about 4 times, but i hvent read the next 2. but there are a few things that are too diffrent. but its still going to be great. OMG i cant wait!!!!!!!

4. k

I love Inkheart and inkspell (I still need to to get Inkdeath)
    And i love them very much they are so good!
    I have been waiting for this movie to come out for a while now. I’m glad their is finally a release date for it!
    The poster looks great!

5. NiCkJoNaSiSmInE

yay. so excited. yayayayayayayaya!!!!!!!!! yessssssssssssssssssssssss totally awesome dustfinger looks just like i imagined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. BeccaMonkey987

Cool!! Some of the characters aren’t at all how I imagined them in the books, but I can’t wait for the movie!

7. Raven

OMG!!! That’s so beautiful!! I love it soooo much! W-o-w!! I can’t WAIT for the movie! I’m so happy, the actors are pretty much how I imagined the characters! Except for Rafi Gavron, he’s nothing like I imagined Farid. Oh well.

8. Rita

Finally! Is it coming out sooner than Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? I was furious when I learned the movie was pushed back several months! Though I’ll admit, when I read the part about *spoilers* Dumbledore and Harry getting one of the Hocruxes and being attacked by the dead people in the lake, I shivered at the thought of seeing it in a movie…but those were shivers of excitement!

9. avidreader (appleshopper)

everything looks soooo cool!!
    but ure right about farid.. i expected him to look better…. 2 bad i am going 2 watch the movie NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
    YEAH!!!!!