May 22, 2015
Meet JOHNNY GRAY and JAKE GOODMAN from Max & Shred!
Q: Which character are you more like in real life, either Max or Shred?
Johnny: Honestly, I do find myself a lot like my character, Max. He’s a very athletic person and I play a lot of sports. He’s a very charming person and I’ve been told that I’m very charming in interviews. He’s a really enthusiastic and upbeat person and I’m a really high-energy person as well, which really helps me playing the character. And he’s a really physical person. I use a lot of my physical presence when I’m speaking as well. I’m not like Max intelligence-wise. I do very well in school and I always strive for good grades. Max, he kind of struggles in that field of education but he’s a socially smart person, not really a book smart person. I use a lot of the same terminology as he does, like “bro” and “sick.”
Jake: I have a very good time playing Shred, but I think I’m actually like a mix of them. I have some Max and some Alvin traits. I guess probably slightly more Max maybe, but I’m very, very like both of them. I have lots of friends. I kind of like school, but not as much as Alvin and I don’t do science experiments at home. I think I’m a mix of the two. Continue reading
May 20, 2015
Ricky Ricotta and His Mighty Robot are back in a brand new, out-of-this-world adventure!
Ricky Ricotta loves his Mighty Robot, but sometimes it’s hard having a best friend who is so BIG! If only his Mighty Robot had someone his own size to play with, Ricky could have some fun by himself. Little does Ricky know, his wish is about to come true. Ugly Uncle Unicorn is hatching a hideous plan to take over Earth, and he’s got a super-sized surprise for Ricky and his Robot friend!
Click here to learn more, make your own robot, watch cool videos, and more!
May 19, 2015
We are kicking off with some regulation Soccer Trivia! See how well you score . . .
- TRUE or FALSE? Soccer cleats and baseball cleats are the same.
- The World Cup (the world championship of soccer) is played every ________ years?
- Who won the 2014 World Cup? A) Brazil B) Argentina C) Germany D) United States
- What is it called when you hit the soccer ball with your head?
- In soccer rules, what does it mean if the referee shows you a red card?
- The handsome and ridiculously talented Cristiano Ronaldo is from what country?
- Americans call it soccer, but what is this sport called in most other countries around the world? (Hint: It is not called “soccer” in England.)
- In youth soccer, what do the terms U-8 and U-10 mean?
- Only 1 player on the soccer field is allowed to touch the ball with his or her hands. What is this player called?
- How many players from each team are on the soccer field at a time?
Scroll down to see the answers. Continue reading
May 18, 2015
One Direction without Zayn is like . . .
. . . a sock without its match.
. . . a day without a friend.
. . . a rainstorm without a rainbow.
Ok. You’ve come to grips with the news, sort of. Zayn Malik has left One Direction.
Some of you are devastated he left the band. Some of you understand that he wants to live like a normal 22-year-old. Some of you are skeptical and feel betrayed after his first solo song was leaked just a week after leaving the band. And . . . Some of you don’t really care.
Well, whatever side you’re on, we’re about to hit you with a Writing Prompt that you’ll want to answer! Pour out your feelings . . . or non-feelings . . . and complete this sentence in your own unique way.
One Direction without Zayn is like . . .
We can’t wait to see YOUR Direction in the Comments below!
-Ratha, STACKS Writer
May 15, 2015
Zendaya from K. C. Undercover
If you love Zendaya, then you must read this interview. It’s kind of long, but she talks about everything! She talks about the weird thing that she’s afraid of, her 7th grade eyebrow disaster, going to high school with an 8-year-old, and her advice for girls.
Q: How would you describe K. C.?
Zendaya: K. C. is just a regular girl. What I think is so exciting about her is the fact that she’s just a regular teenager who was put in this really irregular type situation and lifestyle, and I think she kind of just has to make the best out of it. But I love the fact that she’s kind of awkward. She’s not the coolest person in school. She’s not very popular, but is able to be cool and popular through her spy work. She’s able to use all these things that kind of made her nerdy. Continue reading
May 14, 2015
See how you can get featured in next month’s STACKS Blast newsletter!
We think you are awesome and we want to know more about you! Every month, I will post questions in a STACKS Stars blog post. All you have to do to participate is answer the questions and we will pick one random user to be featured in next month’s newsletter. Don’t see yourself in the next newsletter? No worries! You can enter yourself again as many times as you like! Everyone is a winner so there’s always a good chance that you could be next.
To participate, you must have a STACKS profile and screen name. If you don’t have one, it is easy and free to set one up. Click here to set up a profile. Be sure to create an awesome avatar that really shows who you are because that picture will be used in the feature if you are selected! Remember to have fun with your avatar and get creative.
This month’s questions are about the Summer Reading Challenge! Do you think you are ready to participate? If so, here they are.
- What is your STACKS screen name?
- Which book are you planning to read next?
- Why are you choosing this book?
- If you could read this book anywhere in the world for a day, where would it be and why?
- Have you read any books on the Summer Reading Challenge list? If so, which was your favorite and why? If not, which books are you interested in reading next?
To help give you some ideas, here are my answers:
- CleverPiglet15 (I think pigs are really cute!)
- I’m planning to read The Madman of Piney Woods, by Christopher Paul Curtis.
- I chose this book because I like realistic adventures and friendships.
- If I could read this book anywhere for an entire day, it would be under a shady tree by a nice creek with picnic blankets and snacks.
- I’ve read some of the other books on the list and they have been all good, but my favorite is probably the Amulet series because it’s a graphic novel that is both fun and magical.
OK, now your turn! Ready? Set? Go!
Sandy, STACKS Staffer
May 13, 2015
Hey! BookwormFairy31 here. I wanted to interview Ella from “Glass Slippers.” Ella, come out here!
Ella: Oh, hi Destiny.
Me: My writer name is Destiny. So, Ella, were you surprised when your aunt Cora told you about your power?
Ella: I was stunned but I made a limo out of my car and created an iPod 8 out of thin air.
Me: Do you like Will? *smiles sheepishly*
Ella: Why did you ask me that?!
Me: Sorry! Sorry! Sheesh.
Me: What do you like best about Jessica?
Ella: I guess that she’s honest and caring, same as her sister Madilene.
Me: What do you hate about Alexa?
Ella: What’s not to hate? She’s a huge jerk. She’s even mean to her own kids!
Me: Can I bring someone else up?
Me: Will, come up here!!
Will: Umm . . . hi.
Me: So you ran into Ella at the dance. What did you think of her when you first met?
Will: I thought she was nice . . . and clumsy.
Ella: Hey! I was pushed.
Will: Sorry. I didn’t know.
Me: Umm . . . let’s stop this right now before there’s a fight.
*Ella creates Will’s worst nightmare in the background.*
Me: Cut! Cut!
*Camera goes black.*
To find out more about BookwormFairy’s version of Cinderella, read the story here.
May 12, 2015
SpongeBob SquarePants Would You Rather
SpongeBob SquarePants. The name says it all. One of the most wildly popular cartoons of all time, it is still going strong in its 16th (!!!) year since the first episode on Nickelodeon in 1999. Not many can “absorb” as successfully as this sponge.
Did you know the creator of SpongeBob, Steve Hillenburg, was a marine biologist? Or that the series was going to be named SpongeBoy or SpongeBoy Ahoy? And did you realize what a special place SpongeBob had in your heart . . . until you just read this blog? Well if you’re a landlubber who loves SpongeBob, we want to know . . .
Would You Rather . . .
1. Live in a pineapple under the sea OR a tree house up in the sky?
2. Eat a krabby patty from The Krusty Krab OR a crab cake from Red Lobster?
3. Have to wear a bikini in a snowstorm OR a snowsuit jumping into a pool?
4. Have Plankton as your evil sidekick OR the hyenas from The Lion King?
5. Go on a date with Larry the Lobster (the muscular lifeguard of the Goo Lagoon) OR Patchy the Pirate?
6. Get sunburn OR frostbite?
7. Have Gary the snail as your pet OR Sandy Cheeks the squirrel?
8. Be the “voice” of SpongeBob on the cartoon OR star in YOUR OWN live-action TV show?
9. Have to wear square pants OR octagon pants?
10. Be best friends with SpongeBob OR Greg Heffley from Diary of a Wimpy Kid?
Anchors away, and let us know YOUR answers in the Comments below!
-Ratha, STACKS Writer
May 11, 2015
Create a caption for Michael’s adorable hamster!
I think this cutie pet is saying, “This strawberry would taste even better dipped in some chocolate!”
Leave your captions in the Comments!
Sonja, STACKS Staffer
May 8, 2015
Nickelodeon’s Make It Pop!
Three unique girls — an aspiring pop diva, a fashionista, and a bookworm — come together at school to form their own K-pop-inspired band in Make It Pop, airing on Nickelodeon weekdays at 7 p.m.
Photo Steve Wilke/ Nickelodeon.
Diva Sun Hi (played by Megan Lee), fashionista Jodi (played by Louriza Tronco) and bookworm Corki (played by Erika Tham) must learn to live together in perfect harmony after they are randomly selected to room together at boarding school. With the help of fellow classmate and aspiring DJ, Caleb (played by Dale Whibley), the girls grow from roommates to bandmates as their group, XO-IQ, becomes a school-wide sensation and they compete for a place in the upcoming school musical, all while balancing friendship, grades, and crushes.
What do you think? Are you a fan of Make It Pop? Would you want to start a band at school with your best friends? Tell us in the Comments.
Sonja, STACKS Staffer